May 3rd is Teacher Appreciation Day. Show your appreciation, they deserve it!
Here is a simple but lovely idea for Teacher Appreciation Day:
Teachers who inspire know that teaching is like cultivating a garden. ~Author Unknown
How about adding a cool personalized printable...I think so!
4. Color your frosting and using a "hair/grass" tip -- Wilton 233 -- pipe the grass onto the cupcakes
5. Make your Royal Icing. I usually use Wilton's Royal Icing recipe that can be found HERE.
An Alternative to RI can be found on The Decorated Cookie Blog (see link above). 6. I frosted the flower with white RI as you can see and we let it dry for a few hours. Then, Sophia used the Americolor markers and colored a flower onto the white icing for a personalized touch.
7. I frosted the watering can and added some blue ribbon adhered on the back of the cookie with royal icing for the look of water pouring out the can. CUTE!.
8. The printable is FREE and modifiable to any childs name and can be found at Skip to my Lou by clicking HERE. I just LOVE this site.
9. Now the FUN part... ASSEMBLE! To transport, I placed in a cute container, covered the cupcakes with a fun polka dot treat bag and included a gift card that was tied on with a pretty ribbon.
**If you are not feeling this adventurous..THAT IS OK! Just purchase a nice potted plant and download the FREE printable above and use as a plant stake.
We have been blessed with wonderful teachers so far on our daughters journey. Miss Lynn at My Own Montessori for preschool and kindergarten and now Mrs Rerick and the great family at St Andrew Catholic School.
We thank you deeply!
These quotes are worth reading for a good laugh....
The only reason I always try to meet and know the parents better is because it helps me to forgive their children. ~Louis Johannot
If you promise not to believe everything your child says happens at school, I'll promise not to believe everything he says happens at home. ~Anonymous Teacher
This is my life in teacher cupcakes, I hope she likes them!!
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
Tea Cup Thursday ~ Donna and Miss Spenser
Mom Road ~ Follow Along Fridays!
Tidy Mom ~ I'm Lovin It!
LARKS COUNTRY HEART ~ Made it on Monday!
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up