Thursday, April 28, 2011

Teacher Appreciation

May 3rd is Teacher Appreciation Day.  Show your appreciation, they deserve it!


Here is a simple but lovely idea for Teacher Appreciation Day:


Teachers who inspire know that teaching is like cultivating a garden.  ~Author Unknown


~Click to Enlarge~

How about adding a cool personalized printable...I think so!




~Click to Enlarge~

To make this for YOUR child's teacher just do the following simple steps:

1. Bake a batch of your favorite cupcakes and frosting.  I like to use a crusting buttercream. 

2. Whip up a batch of sugar cookies.  I use the recipe from The Decorated Cookie Blog

3. Using a MINI flower and watering can cookie cutter (I used one from the this set: Wilton 12 MINI Easter Cookie Cutters) cut out your shapes and insert a toothpick into the dough carefully.  Place on parchment paper and bake according to your recipe.

If you do not have a watering can or flower cookie cutter just make your own template by finding an image you like on the internet and print onto cardstock.  Then cut the image out and place onto your chilled rolled out cookie dough and use an exacto knife to cut out.

4.  Color your frosting and using a "hair/grass" tip -- Wilton 233 -- pipe the grass onto the cupcakes

5.  Make your Royal Icing.  I usually use Wilton's Royal Icing recipe that can be found HERE.

An Alternative to RI can be found on The Decorated Cookie Blog (see link above). 6.  I frosted the flower with white RI as you can see and we let it dry for a few hours.  Then, Sophia used the Americolor markers and colored a flower onto the white icing for a personalized touch.

7.  I frosted the watering can and added some blue ribbon adhered on the back of the cookie with royal icing for the look of water pouring out the can.  CUTE!. 

8.  The printable is FREE and modifiable to any childs name and can be found at Skip to my Lou by clicking HERE.  I just LOVE this site.

9. Now the FUN part... ASSEMBLE!  To transport, I placed in a cute container, covered the cupcakes with a fun polka dot treat bag and included a gift card that was tied on with a pretty ribbon. 
 
~IMPORTANT ~ FAST AND FANCY ~ ALERT~


**If you are not feeling this adventurous..THAT IS OK! Just purchase a nice potted plant and download the FREE printable above and use as a plant stake.



We have been blessed with wonderful teachers so far on our daughters journey.  Miss Lynn at My Own Montessori for preschool and kindergarten and now Mrs Rerick and the great family at St Andrew Catholic School.

We thank you deeply!


These quotes are worth reading for a good laugh....

The only reason I always try to meet and know the parents better is because it helps me to forgive their children.  ~Louis Johannot


If you promise not to believe everything your child says happens at school, I'll promise not to believe everything he says happens at home.  ~Anonymous Teacher


This is my life in teacher cupcakes, I hope she likes them!!
Linking up to:




Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
Tea Cup Thursday ~ Donna and Miss Spenser
Mom Road ~ Follow Along Fridays!
Tidy Mom ~ I'm Lovin It!
LARKS COUNTRY HEART ~ Made it on Monday!
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up


The Blackberry Vine

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Thank you so much for reminding me! I would have forgotten. These are perfect for a Male Teacher as well...Great idea!

* a quote I like that has to do with Teachers:
" I love to teach....it keeps my mind busy. I don't even remember the last time I found it!"

Thanks for your Creative Mind!

Notes from the Homestead said...

Hi there,
LOVE the cupcakes, printables and the fun quotes!! How cute!!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Trish!

Nice to meet you! Thanks for coming by, and for becoming my newest follower. I am following you back! Your blog is right up my alley, I love sweets too! Love the peeps posts!!

Debbie

Jessica said...

Very cute Trish I wish I could of saw you today in Vegas...I hope to see you some other time.

~Jessica~

Jami said...

I love these cupcakes and the sayings you shared.

These would be a great link up to either The Pretty Packages Party (going on now thru Saturday) and the Tuesday To Do Party.

http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/pretty-packages-party-9.html

Smiles!
Jami

 
Blogging tips