Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cupcake Inspiration


I would like to introduce you to the next Cupcake Artist Extraordinaire, my niece and Goddaughter, Jocelyn:



Deepest thanks to my sister, Paula, for taking these pictures for me - they are just priceless.

You see, they live in Arizona and me...I live in Minnesota.  We may be separated by many miles but our hearts are always together. 

I recently sent Jocelyn a cupcake decorating kit. I wanted to share the fun of cupcake decorating with her. 





She was excited.  That made me happy.  




Look at that intense piping technique!  She is a natural!!


She made some amazing designs and I am honored to post her first gallery here on Sweetology....




 Just Perfect...like her!



TAAAA DAAAAAA!

She did a GREAT job. 

Cupcakes are fun for me.  I am so glad I stumbled upon the joy of cupcake decorating as a diversion from life's curveballs.

I know that my cupcakes and this blog are not anything glamorous or fabulous but that is ok by me.  I started this blog as a way to catalog my creations as an archive for my daughter Sophia to have someday.

I am happy with the journey thus far.

I can not tell you the feelings I had when I viewed these pictures of Jocelyn baking and decorating cupcakes with her mom.  The smile in her eyes melted my heart.

And to know that I played a small part in this happiness fills me with such gratitude.


To be mindful and do for others without the expectation of what you will get in return is a life truly lived. 

I am lucky to know this.

This is my life in cupcakes, thank you so much for reading!

I love you Jocelyn.

~ Trish

4 comments:

Paula said...

Thank you sooo much for featuring Jocelyn on your blog! You absolutely made her day. I woke her up this morning by telling her she was famous and she needed to come with me to see why. We are both truly touched by you, Trisha. Jocelyn needed your inspiration in more ways than you know. You are so special to us and Jocelyn is an extension of you.
WE LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Trish, You are such a warm, loving woman.
I am so glad I have gotten to know just a little part of who you are! And I couldn't agree more with your words of wisdom.

I just saw a sign that caught my eye that I LOVE:
"People see what you do...God see's WHY you do them"

Have a great day!
And LOVE the cupcake art Jocelyn! :)

Jennifer said...

I LOVE this post.

I got my first decorating kit from my grandmother when I was 14. Now I don't have enough nooks and crannies in the house to put all my various tools and trinkets. (Especially where a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 year old can't get at them.)

My mother says that for as long as she can remember, the only thing I ever asked for as a birthday or Christmas present was a Kitchen-Aid mixer. I got one at 26. We've spent 5 glorious years together. :) I'm so happy that you have been able to share your GIFT with your niece.

I, too, started my blog as a chronicle of sorts, I know I'm not a professional, I'll never have thousands of followers, but like you, I love doing it.

Sorry for the extended post, I just wanted to thank you for a refreshing and heartwarming post. Exactly what I needed.

the decorated cookie said...

Oops, I think I made a mistake when I just tried to comment, so if you get this twice, well then it's just twice the praise for these mad decorating skills! A natural indeed. I see a future career... Had to come see after you left a comment on my blog :)

 
Blogging tips