Thursday, April 14, 2011

PEEP Cookbook Winner and More PEEP Ideas

Congrats to the PEEPs Cookbook Winner (via random.org): 


Pam from Pam's Party Planning Blog  - go check out her blog - very cute!

I am also sending one to Christy from Glitter to Gumdrops for the inspiration!!  Thanks, you are one cool peep!

Now, a little history on the PEEP...Did you know:

Did you know as many as 4.2 million Peeps are made in the USA every day? The Just Born company began in 1910 when Sam Born came to the U.S. from Russia and opened a small candy shop in New York, relocating to Bethlehem Pennsylvania in 1932. Just Born remains a family-owned company today.
Until 1995, Marshmallow Peeps were only produced in pink, white, and yellow colors. In 1995, lavender colored Peeps were introduced; and in 1998, blue Peeps were introduced for Easter.
 
In 1999, vanilla flavored Peeps were produced and a year later, a strawberry flavor was added.

In 2002, a chocolate Peep was introduced.

Read More Here

Today we made this fun PEEPs edible craft with jello -- perfect for when you are dreaming of a relaxing day by the pool.




I found out how to do this EASY PEEP edible craft idea HERE


How about a PEEPs Pool Party?  I think so!




Find out how to do this by clicking HERE.

I am a sucker for a PEEP edible craft, obviously!

Click on these links for more PEEP Inspiration:

i am baker's Peeps Pops



Tuxedo Peeps



Peeps Sunflower Cake



Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Peeps



The Washington Post's 2011 Peep Show (very very funny)





This is my life in PEEPs today!  Have a great one!

6 comments:

Anjali said...

Oh so cute....love them all...and thanks for providing PEEP history, it is certainly informative for someone like me :)

Pams Party said...

WOOHOO! I am so excited that I won. I LOVE PEEPS! I have mentioned that fact several times in recent weeks on my blog.. LOL! Cant wait to see the cookbook.. Thank You!

cooking-varieties said...

this website is really great. i for sure dont know how to prepare this. would like to try. thanks for sharing

sugeng prajitno said...

very beautiful and interesting

The Addicted Baker said...

Hey Trish- Check out my blog- http://theaddictedbaker.blogspot.com/2011/04/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

I gave you an award that you will want to look at. Again thanks so much for giving me this award. It really means the world to me

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! :)

Hey and I LOVE you Girl!

YOU ROCK!

 
Blogging tips