Monday, March 26, 2012

Memories of Tea Time



I have quite a few fabulous recipes and photos to share 
for Tea Party Tuesday waiting in the 
archives of my computer. 

But this week, that is where they are going to stay. 

I have just been a little more sentimental than 
my normal "cry at the Hallmark commercial"
sentimental these days. When editing some photos
for a tea time dessert, I found myself going thru and 
looking at all the tea time photos of Sophia Rose. 


I forgot how often we had "tea" when she was
real little. Those memories flooded me with emotion.


I collected some of my favorites for today. There were hundreds!

Here is a trip down memory lane for Tea Party Tuesday.

I guess this post is more for me that you so I hope you don't mind!

It all started here...



At one week old I was so scared to leave the house with 
her!! My mom came up for a visit from Nebraska and forced
me out of the house. The only place I would take her was
the Mad Hatter Tea Room. It was a place of peace for me then
and continues to be a place of joy now.

The very first place I changed her diaper outside of the 
house was in the bathroom at the Mad Hatter!

How about a Tea Party with Big Bird? 



Big Bird was messy so he needed a bib
with his teacup and sweets! 



A Diva in Tea Training.


I was always ready for a game of 
pretty dress up and would stop anything
I was doing for an impromptu Tea Party.
The girl in back was a sweet neighbor girl, Libby.
She LOVED to come over for tea with Sophia and I.  


Look at the little Birthday Princess here!
The following are pictures of the party we had when she was 4.





Her Dad and I served these lovely girls.
"Tea", Pink Butterfly Bologna Sandwiches, Fruit and Carrots


Here was the Teapot Cake I made.


Man oh man oh man have I come a long way...
I laughed SO HARD at
the construction paper spout and handle. I was so afraid of
fondant back then.  In all honesty, I was so proud!


Here is my sweet husband James all decked
out in his tuxedo, serving his princess!  


She has a few things to smile about!



Tea with our Nana Jan is some of the 
best memories ever. 



My lovely likes cream with her tea!



Tea time does not have to be fancy all of the time.
Nutella on toast with a fancy powdered sugar stencil and 
watermelon in a pretty cup with your favorite tea can really
be just what you need to start the day!




There is NO reason you can't take your 
Tea Party outside with a fun story cubes game!
 




GORGEOUS!
 



Look Mom..I set up a tea table for YOU!



One of our MANY visits to the Mad Hatter.
I had SOOOOO many photos of us there! 




Quiche is another favorite
at our house. 



More tea time memories with Nana!!




This past summer I took these photos. We
are having "Tea under a Tree" in our front yard.






 I collect things.....

I collect tea cups
I collect tea pots
I collect recipes for tea parties
I collect ideas for fun desserts 

But my real motivation for all of this is to 
collect the one thing that is most precious to me.

Memories. 

Sharing with some special people:




33 comments:

Barbara F. said...

What precious photos, all of them. I love that Sophia went to her 1st tea at one week old! How special. xo

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Awwwwww...that was the sweetest post!! You DO amke wonderful memories for Sophia. She is one lucky little miss!! xoxo

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Aww, Trisha, your photos and Sophia are adorable and your post is brimming with sweetness! Such wonderful memories you have made together. Thank you for sharing some of them with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sue said...

This is such a sweet post! I love the table that Sophia set for you:) You two are kindred spirits:)
I have been more sentimental and teary lately also...it doesn't help that I discovered "Little House on the Prarie" on the Hallmark channel...oh, the memories.

MyCakeSchool.com said...

I loved this post! What sweet memories you and Sophia Rose have made together. I adore the photo with Big Bird! You are a very special mom ;0) - thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful post, Trish! You make me want to dig out all my own little girl's tea party photos - perhaps I will for a birthday post on her in April when she turns 24. Ya! And, she's my youngest - seems like yesterday . . .

Joy!
Kathy

Unknown said...

I LOVED looking through these sweet memories! You have a very special relationship!

Unknown said...

How lovely! What a wonderful collection of memories you have with Sophia! Now she also has these lovely words that you wrote about your special times together! I wish I could come for tea!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Oh Trish...what a special post! You and your princess have a whole lot of memories mixed up with tea already! Think of how many more to add! How precious! Thanks for sharing and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Anonymous said...

These are all so very precious. The photos are lovely. I love that you have made each and every one of these tea parties with your daughter such a unique event unto its own. Sophia is blessed to have all of these photographs to look back on but even moreso, those days are in her heart and yours forever :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I also wanted to say how fabulous your husband is to get dressed in his tuxedo to serve his special little girl on her special day. That is one heck of a special Dad.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

OK, I am ultra sensitive today. This isn't the first post today that made me bawl.

I love this. It was a gift.

What an awesome time with your Mom and little girl - watching her grow, too, and feeling like a part of it.

I think that is amazing you were/are able to spend quality time like that with your Princess.

It is comforting to know she will grow up to be a tea party lady, too - and the dying art will stay alive for HER to make memories with HER angels one day.

God bless. This was very special.

Winnie said...

Dear Trisha
You made me all teared up reading this emotional post and watching these photos
It reminds me of my growing up and my Mom always with me....

Lisa said...

Feeling a little sentimental myself this week. Your post reminded me of the tea parties I had with Isabelle. She had a little silver tea service and we would have apple juice and pink wafer cookies every day. Very precious memories.
Lisa

Jocelyn said...

This is such a sweet post! I loved seeing all the pictures of your little girl and her tea parties! Definitely cry worthy! Thank you for sharing them with us and for hosting the fun.

Beth said...

Beautiful little girl, and a beautiful post. I can't get my husband, daughter, or son to drink tea with me! (Well, iced tea - but it's not the same!)
Have a great day, Beth

Snap said...

Beautiful post. Those memories keep us going. Happy Tea Day!

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

Love the trip down memory lane. What a cutie and she is getting so big. I know how fast it goes. Happy Tuesday :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

What a great post. I loved walking down memory lane with you! Thanks for sharing. :)

the decorated cookie said...

These made ME cry and I've never even met your darling (whom I adore). I also LOVE that your husband wears his tux. I mean come ON awesome dad.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Trisha and Sophia
I loved looking at all your tea parties with the fancy hats, gloves and special food.
How I wish I had thought to take photos of our tea parties when the girls were young and then of their girls, my lovely granddaughters.
Thank you for sharing your memories, young ladies having tea is of interest to me and I didn't mind at all looking back with you.
I hope you will share many more tea parties over the years. Trisha, how about making a teapot now with your experience for us to see?
Hugs,
Judith

Kathy said...

Well there you go! Bringing tears to my eyes! So very precious - what a darling smile. You make me think of my girls - the sentimental moments - precious gifts from God! Thank you for sharing and for hosting,
God Bless and a big HUG,
Kathy

Angela McRae said...

Oh, my, how I enjoyed seeing all these photos today! Just think how sweet Sophia is going to enjoy tea all throughout her life thanks to these memories you created for her when she was a child!

(P.S. Just remembered I was supposed to send you this address: 110 Leah Dr., Newnan, Georgia 30265. Thanks in advance!)

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Trisha,
oh my, this memory lane is so cute. It is super to see, how your daughter is develloping to a young lady. She is cute and so pretty. You must be mighty proud for her. Thank you for sharing this treasure with us.
Best greetings, Johanna

Luanne said...

What beautiful photos! I did not have a daughter but now I have a daughter in law. She is coming to her first tea party on April 15. Finally I have "my girl"! The memories both you & your daughter have are simply priceless. God Bless!

Nann said...

I was so touched by all your beautiful photos and memories with your darling little Sophia and your mom....and your tuxedoed husband! How very special each of them are. And your teapot cake looks pretty nice to me. I think you did a terrific job. I would have never known it was your first one. Unfortunately I think we as women are just too hard on ourselves. You need to give yourself credit for a job well done. Alot of moms would not have even considered attempting to do a cake like that. You're way ahead of the pack. What a great mom you are. And by the looks of it you're a pretty nice daughter too. And as moms we always appreciate thoughtful caring daughters. Thanks for sharing such precious memories with us.

Nann

highheeledlife said...

Trisha ... this post was most precious. Sophia Rose, was definitely born to Tea! She looked so comfortable in all the photos.

For me, memories are life! and you are creating some wonderful memories, together. Happy Teatime...xo C. (HHL)

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Hi Trisha,
You have a beautiful collection of photos...and wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing your precious memories! Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Lisa

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

I love all the photos! Thanks so much for hosting :)

Unknown said...

oh she is adorable! Thanks for sharing and the great party!

SweetSugarBelle said...

This warms my heart. Our babies are what matter most.

Stella B's Kitchen said...

Hi!I just found your blog and added Cheesecake Bites and Strawberry Poke Cake to the party. CUTE tea parties!! I think I need to do this soon with my girlies:)

http://stellabskitchen.blogspot.coom

MsFoxsSweets said...

Thanks for hosting! I love seeing how Sophia has grown and how tea parties have always been such a fun part of yalls lives!

 
Blogging tips