Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Magic Jelly Beans and the Lollipop Garden (Pudding Treats)




 This idea is something super fun and 
magical that would be great to incorporate into
an Easter/Spring family tradition. 

I saw an idea using "Magic Jelly Beans & a Lollipop Garden"

I was really inspired and thought it was a cool concept.

I knew I had to adapt the idea into an edible craft treat.


Magic Jelly Beans & 
The Lollipop Garden Pudding Treats

First pick out your jelly beans....


Give them a wish and a kiss.

Now they are MAGIC jelly beans.

Next, mix up your "soil".
I used sugar free pudding and crushed up 
a bunch of Oreos, a few left over brownies and some
chocolate wafer cookies. I just used what I had on hand. 

Then, put it into your "pots"

I did put a piece of wax paper over the bottom hole in the pot.


But only fill half way! 
You still have to plant your 
MAGIC BEANS!
 


Now, make a quick wish, and blow them a kiss.

Then put more soil on top of your beans.

Add some "dirt" which might be more crushed Oreos.



Now...place these somewhere special (wink wink)
to rest overnight and see what MAGICALLY APPEARS!


 WOW...look whats growing.....
some grass and....

Before morning, you will help make the "MAGIC"
for your kids but adding some green colored coconut for 
the newly grown grass and a fun lollipop or two on top!!! 

~~ MAGICAL LOLLIPOP GARDEN ~~




SURPRISE!!  





How cool. 

Here are the basic supplies I used, but you can 
certainly adapt any way you want. I could
see using a chocolate cupcake in place of the pudding.

Small Terra Cotta Pots
Wax Paper (I used a small amount for the bottom of the pots)
Ribbon/Stickers
Sugar Free Pudding
Oreos, Brownies or any Chocolate Cookie
Magic Jelly Beans
Coconut
Green Food Coloring to color the Coconut
Fun Lollipops
 A Kiss and a Wish

If you make these treats or plant the magic beans
outside or incorporate your own twist on this idea,
I hope you are inspired to create a new family tradition. 
Sharing magic beans with....

CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday  Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday  Mangia Mondays Mix it up MondaysTUESDAYTrick or Treat Tuesdays Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts  Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYTastetastic Thursday Sweet TemptationsTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAYPinterest Party Fun Stuff Fridays Freestyle Fridays Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative 

21 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Trish, I think that is one of the cutest most adorable ideas I have ever heard.

How awesome, oh my gosh now I want grandbabies to do this for!! Haha!

SO SO SO ADORABLE!!!!

Lisa said...

My kids would have loved this when they were little. I could see planting these the night before Easter for a special morning surprise.
Lisa

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh Trish - I love that my idea inspired you. THESE ARE PRECIOUS!! YAY!!!!!

Sue said...

This idea is so cute! Magical, for sure! Love it Trisha!

Unknown said...

Oh how I love these!! Lollipops are jacks favorite treat! I can't wait to grow some with him!

Pink Little Cake said...

This is a great idea.Totally magical and yummy too.

MsFoxsSweets said...

This is so cute! Awesome idea!

MyCakeSchool.com said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE idea!! I'm going to pass this idea along to my friends with little ones-- magic just makes life so much more fun ;0)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

That is so cool! I love this idea. I have to do it with Jordan, she'll love it.

Unknown said...

Oh Trish, that is the cutest thing. so fun

Felicia Ferrigno said...

This is so cute that I am going to do this the night before Easter, even though my boys are 11 and 16. So cute. They'll still like them! Especially if they were to turn into cash or an iTunes gift card! fat chance. Lollipops it is, or maybe Easter iced sugar cookies!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Now that is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute idea! I can't wait to try it with my boys.

Anonymous said...

This is one of THE sweetest ideas for Spring and Easter! *Give them a wish and a Kiss* I love it Trish :)

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Sweetest idea! So adorable.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)
Have a nice day.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Trisha
This would be a fun project for our youth gardeners and they would love the part about magic beans!
Judith

Angela McRae said...

OK, this is BEYOND adorable! Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! This reminded me ... that my oldest son wanted to plant eggs in the backyard ... so that we could grow chickens! He is now 37 years-old ... he doesn't remember it ... I'll never forget it!

Crafty Mischief said...

This is pretty much the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to do this with my kids! Thank you for sharing.
Warm wishes, Brittany

My Little Home and Garden said...

Trish,
Children would love this. Me too!
-Karen

Unknown said...

Hi Trish! Just adorable!! Love your ideas! esp the egg cupcake. Sunny

 
Blogging tips