Monday, January 23, 2012

A Valentine Rose Cupcake ~ Tea Party Tuesday


Welcome to Tea Party Tuesday!!

This week is EXTRA special - I am celebrating 
Sandi's 2nd Anniversary for Tea Time Tuesday
at her lovely blog,  Rose Chintz Cottage

Sandi is a sweet, delightful lady who loves Tea, Roses and PINK!!


Roses are GREAT all year long, but are extra special  
during Valentine's Day.

This week, I am sharing a Rose Cupcake for Tea!



This design was inspired by the fantastic Amanda at I am Baker
For instructions on how to make these roses click to her site HERE.

I chose to use melted chocolate instead of Royal Icing.
I think that made them a tad more sturdy.

I just fell in love with this design. 
So elegant with a touch of whimsy. 



Just PERFECT for Valentine's Day don't you think??

Both the chocolate cupcake and buttercream recipe can be found on my recipes page by clicking HERE.

This pairs nicely with the tea I am having this week in honor of 
Sandi, which is Tazo Rest~ A Rosehip Tea!!



Isn't this cup lovely!! The same roses adorn the saucer
underneath the cup. It is so elegant and one of my favorites!

I thank everyone who participates in Tea Time Tuesday by linking up. I visit every single one of you and try to comment 
as often as I can. Thank you for your support!

I hope you can try to visit some new links/blogs 
each week and spread the LOVE!!

Sharing with:
CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts   Mangia Mondays TUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY: Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative Sundae Scoop Pink Saturday


What are YOU sharing this week?








41 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a creative cupcake in honor of Sandi! I love it! So cute! Happy TT!
Ruth

Paula said...

This gave me a bug smile today! Thank you for the beautiful rose! You are such an inspiration to me Trisha! Love you to the moon and back! Have a super week. Hope you are feeling better!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

LOVE this!! I hope you will link up to my I Heart Projects Party!
http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

Erin said...

So cute!!! You did a great job! I saw your comment over on Sugar Swings and I so want to see your Gnome cookies! Make some for me, okay? =o)

Unknown said...

so cool and amazing rose!

Lisa said...

Very sweet and special. And melting chocolate is TONS easier to work with in this application. I could see a bunch of these all gathered together on a cupcake stand as a centerpiece.
Hugs,
Lisa

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

How cute is that! So talented! I love the teacup as well. Lovely tea time post!
Cheers!
R

Misbah said...

A very beautiful and cute cupcake. I was going to make chocolate hearts, now maybe I wil try roses :).

Misbah/cupcakeluvs

Pink Little Cake said...

I love this types of roses, melting chocolate and making these little pieces takes a little time and patience. You did a great job and they make a lovely cupcake topper.Have a great week.

Amanda said...

Gorgeous! Fantastic job!!

Elizabeth said...

I love the cupcake! I am doing my first Tea post today in honor of Sandi!

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

What beautiful roses - great way to celebrate an anniversary! Thanks for hosting :)

Anonymous said...

Your rose cupcake is perfect! Love the Tuesday party :)

Anonymous said...

That tea cup and saucer is elegant and your rose adorned cupcake is beautiful. Perfect combination.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Trisha, my friend, you are so thoughtful! Your cupcake is fabulous! What a lovely idea for Tea Time's 2nd Birthday Party and Valentine cupcakes too. But then you are the Queen of Cupcakes!
Love your teacup; such a beautiful pattern! You are such an inspiration and I thank you from my heart for making my Birthday Tea Party so special. You're the best!

Hugs and blessings,
Sandi

Angela McRae said...

LOVE your Valentine Rose Cupcake embellishment! That's beyond my skill set (at the moment), so I'm forwarding it to a talented baking friend! And that teacup is gorgeous!

highheeledlife said...

Trisha, I so wish you lived down the road from us! Your brilliantly creative and I would be volunteering for tea and tasting your wonderful rose cupcakes.

And your teacup is so lovely!!

Wishing you a wonderful week, Blessings my friend xo HHL

Unknown said...

So cute, thanks for the party!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Trisha
I knew you'd have something terrific for Sandi's tea. What a sweet cupcake with the rose on top.
Judith

Charlotte said...

The cupcake does look perfect for Valentine's Day! Your teacup is beautiful! Love the roses and the colors on it.
Charlotte

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a beautiful cupcake in honor of Sandi. You're the best!!

MsFoxsSweets said...

Thanks for hosting! I love the rose cupcake!

The Charm of Home said...

What a beautiful teacup! Such a cute cupcake too! Thank you for hosting us!
Sherry

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Those chocolate roses are beautiful! Thanks for hosting!

Kathy said...

This is a gorgeous cupcake - so creative and perfect for Valentines!
Love it!
Hugs,
Kathy

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Trisha,
it is always a yummy pleasure to visit, I love the top view of your teacup, stunning!
Thanks for being our hostess!
Hugs,
Bella

Amanda Rose said...

What a beautiful cupcake! I shared a coconut oil review and a post on how to use coconut oil flour. Thanks for hosting!

Katya said...

To keep in theme I posted Rosebud and Shiny Pearl Sugar Cookies. Thanks for hosting! Btw love the chocolate rose, you're very creative:)

Stealthy Mom said...

What a great theme for a link-up! What is a tea party without scones? I have shared my recipe for Blueberry Scones without lard, shortening, or eggs.

Cindy said...

I simply love this! Your cupcake is marvelous. You did a great job. Your tea cup is most beautiful and a great selection of rose for Sandi and her celebration today. Have a wonderful week

Jocelyn said...

That cupcake is gorgeous!!! I agree the chocolate would be studier. Thank you so much for sharing and for hosting!!!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Trisha,

I just adore your rose cupcake and gorgeous rose china! All perfect for the occasion. I am so happy to be joining you this week.

Anonymous said...

Trisha,
Cute Cupcake! Thank you for hosting. I brought Zucchini Bread.
Pat

Zaa said...

Fabulous post... your rose tea setting is divine as are the elegant cakes. Thank you for sharing the recipes and this special celebration...Hugs

Tea in Texas said...

What a beautiful cupcake and the rose on top is lovely. I am sharing chocolates hope you don't mind for I love your blog! Georgeous rose china set. Thanks and Happy Tea Party! Pam

Anonymous said...

Trisha! What a beautiful tribute cupcake you have designed for our dear Sandi! So unexpected! And, yes - boasting that touch of whimsey which I so very love!!

Joy!
Kathy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What yummy fun you have going on here Trisha! Lovely tea things too!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Trisha,
with this muffin you have overdone yourself. Looks great and I am sure it taste gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea and the beautiful tea cup.
Best greetings, Johanna

♥ Miss Tea said...

What a cute rose cupcake! perfect for valentine's day! I also love popping by to iambaker's blog! i'm sorry i'm abit late posting the tea time as i didnt have time yesterday to get online! Thank you for sharing this and thank you sooo much for hosting Tea Party Tuesday!

Love,
susan

Mary Neumann said...

Love the cupcake! Thanks for hosting the party! Hope you're having a great week! Cheers ~ Mary

Shirley said...

Beautiful rose, and I love the iPod pop!

 
Blogging tips