Tuesday, January 24, 2012

YOU ROCK VALENTINE ~ A CHOCOLATE IPOD POP



I am having a heyday creating for Valentine's Day!

This is one of my FAVORITE holidays.

I think I have written that here about 20 times.

Or more.

This creation was inspired by my daughter, Sophia.

She LOVES music and to shake her little booty around the house.

YOU ROCK!



This could NOT have been easier.  And I mean it. 
I just melted some Wilton chocolate candy in pink, and piped
it into the shape of a rectangle like an ipod. 

Then, I placed a lollipop stick in it to dry.

Once completely dry and hardened, 
I brushed it with some pink petal dust.

 I know most people don't have petal dust laying around, 
it was certainly NOT needed.
I  just thought it really highlighted the PINK.  I love PINK!

Plus, I can't ever leave well enough alone. 
Sometimes, that trait comes in handy..other times, not so much.

Then, I took black and white fondant rolled and cut the 
shapes for the ipod face and dial. 

You could easily use a softened tootsie roll or 
even more melted chocolate.

I applied the fondant with some clear karo syrup and added the embellishments as seen with edible food writers, 
a Wilton candy heart and some silver disco dust!



Now, put into a little bag and add this fun tag!




Right click to copy into a word document, 
size up as you like and PRINT!

Now...go shake YOUR booty!


LOVE YOU SOPHIA....YOU ROCK!

Rocking out with:

Sharing with:

Virtual Valentine's Day Party ~ Dolhouse Bake Shoppe
Michelle's Valentine Link Party
I Heart Projects ~ Valentine Party

CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday  Mangia Mondays TUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY:Freestyle Fridays Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative Sundae Scoop Pink Saturday

30 comments:

Unknown said...

that does rock! love it

Micupoftea said...

What a fun mama you are! Cute confection~

MyCakeSchool.com said...

LOVE it! My daughter has an ipod that looks almost exactly like this one-minus the heart & glitter. I think she would totally trade for yours!(by the way, I lovve Valentine's Day too---and cheesy sayings!) :0)

Unknown said...

That is so cute! Very creative :) :)

http://averyjamesphotography.blogspot.com/

♥ Miss Tea said...

OMG Trisha! you rock! that Ipod choc looks soooo real but at the same time looks yummy!! awww Sophia is just too adorable! xx susan

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

You are rockin' valentines! So cute - love it.

Sugar Swings said...

what a great idea!!! (and you probably already know the i am a huge fan of candy melts....works so well for stuff!)....pinning this now!

Brenda said...

You always have some of the most amazing ideas. It's really eye catching and I bet it tastes wonderful. You such a great mom. And Sophia ROCKS!
Brenda

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Sophia must adore all your treats, Trisha!! I think "you rock" for all your inspiration & creativity. xoxoxo

Sue said...

This is so cute, and I love the tag too:)

Michelle said...

how cute!! and simple too... who would've thought!?

~Michelle @ The G-Free Wifey

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com said...

oh my gosh!! this is SO CUTE!! I may have to make these for my niece's bday party! thank you for sharing!

I found you wow me wed @ polka dots on parade :o)

you should come enter my vday giveaway! it ends this Friday
http://underthegeorgiasun.com/2012/01/23/valentine-crafty-prize-pack-giveaway/

Anonymous said...

This is an adorable idea. Not only does your Sophia rock but so do you! Love the photo of the girls *shaking their booty*

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What an adorable idea.

Unknown said...

so fun!

cheapcraftymama said...

Those are adorable! I would love for you to share these at my Valentines Party @ www.cheapcratymama.com!

MsFoxsSweets said...

Well arent you just a hip mama! These are awesome! I love Valentine's too! Nice pretty colors to cut though the winter! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party! Have a Sweet Week :)

Kate said...

These are adorable!!!

Angela McRae said...

I think Sophia's mom rocks too! You are sooooo clever!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

So cute! What a great valentine!

Anonymous said...

You are just too creative!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Cute and creative.

Janel from NellieBellie said...

How fun are these! You are too cool!

Pink Little Cake said...

What a clever idea! My husband loves his Ipod, I should make a few of these for his birthday

Erin said...

OH MY HECK!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Lori said...

Won't my daughter be a hit with these...so cute! Glad I found you...I'm now following. Stop by and visit and follow back if you like. Keep up the creativity...Lori

Sassy Sites! said...

This is an ADORABLE idea!! I'm always looking for new and cute ideas for each holiday. I love this one!

Thanks so much for linking up to Sassy Sites for our free for all party. Be sure to join us tomorrow morning for some shout outs! Have a wonderful weekend!

XOXO!
Marni

Linda Vandermeer McCubbin said...

Very cool idea - my little girl's name is Sophie and she sounds just like your cute Sophia. I know she would love these :)

Janelle said...

This looks like a fun idea for the children to give to their friends for Valentine's!

MsFoxsSweets said...

Congrats! These cuties are featured today at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

 
Blogging tips