Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pot o' Gold Rainbow Cupcake Push Pops!


Pot o' Gold Rainbow Cupcake Push Pops

Be Warned. I love St Patty's Day.





My daughter was born on St Patrick's Day so
I have become VERY fond of lucky charms 
and all things shamrock and green. 

I RELISH the fact she was born on St Patty's. 
Ya see she was actually DUE ON ST PATRICK'S DAY.

However all were not so excited for us and this fun delivery date.  The story goes that when they estimated my due date the 
RN and ultrasound tech both chimed in unison, 
"Well don't get so excited..NOBODY ever
goes on their exact due date!"

Kill joys

Good thing I'm not NOBODY!

Nine months later, out she popped right on cue!

This picture CRACKS ME UP!
Man she is a CUTE CHUMPKINS!


God love her for complying with my scheme to prove them wrong.


That's my girl!




So back to cupcake pops.

I made these Pot o' Gold Rainbow Cupcake Push Pops because I absolutely love trashing my kitchen and spending hours 
cleaning up bowls of colored batter and gold luster spray.

The fun different thing here that ya want to know is how I made
the little gold nuggets - I thought I was so 
clever coming up with this.





I took a bag of these....




and sprayed them with this....



Now, if you don't keep edible gold luster spray on
hand, maybe use some rolo's in their gold wrapping. 
Just a thought.

Or go buy yourself some gold luster spray, it is fun to have. 

To assemble, I put the nuggets in the bottom, then I made a
BUNCH of mini rainbow cupcakes and 
topped them with some white frosting.


I did only use the top of the mini cupcakes to make
it all fit, thus I had a bunch of random cake scraps left
which I ended up making a fun looking trifle with.

Hope you like these push pops for St Patty's
or any rainbow themed party.


Stay tuned for some AMAZING ways to utilize
lucky charms in the month of March. 

Feel Free to Pin, Stumble, Tweet and Share on Facebook!

Sharing with: 
CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday   Mangia Mondays Mix it up MondaysTUESDAYTrick or Treat Tuesdays Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts  Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYSweet TemptationsTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY Kitchen Fun & Crafty Fridays! Fun Stuff Fridays Freestyle Fridays Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative Sundae Scoop Pink Saturday

25 comments:

MyCakeSchool.com said...

How much FUN!! These are the cutest and I love that there is gold at the end of the rainbow!!! Spraying yogurt raisins gold = pure genius! Fabulous work as always! :0)

Pink Little Cake said...

These push up posp are so cute.I love how you spray painted the raisins, that's a clever idea. Your little one is so cute, I have a picture of my 4 year old wearing sun glasses and looking just like your daughter.

Unknown said...

I love it! So cute! And very clever with the covered raisins! <3

Sophia is a CUTIE PAtootie!

Notes from the Homestead said...

Oh trisha, I sooooo love them baby photos!!!!! I can't believe all the cool fun and creative things you come up with! You ar e my idol!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Pure genius to "spray paint" the raisins! These are so much fun!!!

Lisa said...

Super darling! My Isabelle's birthday is March 26 and she wants a St. Patrick's day theme every year. My first born Drew was due on March 17, but he wasn't as obliging as Sophia! The spray painted nuggets are a really great idea that I just might have to steal...
Hugs,
Lisa
ps hope things are going well with the puppy

Unknown said...

ha! that's awesome :) Doesn't every mother have that shot of their kid wearing bizarre yet cute ensembles that when they are older will die of embarrassment (hence why we take them, payback is wonderful!)

MsFoxsSweets said...

The pops look so cute! The gold sprayed yogurt raisins...yes as someone else said...pure genius!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Now how fun is that for a St. Patrick's birthday girl! My daughter has a March 14th b'day and we always celebrate with a St. Patrick's theme. She loves her traditional corned beef and cabbage.

Angela McRae said...

What a cute idea! And thanks for sharing it in plenty of time for St. Paddy's Day!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You are the only woman I know to have had her baby on the due date - lucky gal! And, I can see why St. Patrick's Day is special to you.
Sweet treats today with good ideas.
Judith

Christine said...

This is really clever!!!

Please share this over at The DIY Dreamer!! Please :)
http://thediydreamer.blogspot.com/2012/02/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-5.html

Anonymous said...

You should be crowned the "Queen of the Push Pops"! I love the gold raisins.

P.S. Did you get the comment I left yesterday? Maybe I did it wrong :(

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I love these! SO creative and super cute. I have a can of the spray in my kitchen waiting for me to do something for St. Patrick's Day. Now I want to do more rainbows. But my kitchen has just recovered from all the food coloring from that party... :)

Anonymous said...

While I love your fun looking push-pops, I have to tell you I spent more time looking at the adorable pictures of your sweet Sophia. So neat that she arrived on her due date and that it was St. Paddy's Day. All our children are blessed and Sophia lucked in with some Irish extras ;)

Tiffany Yang said...

Love your St. patrick's Day push pop idea! The rainbow, the gold.... you've got them all!
I just added your idea on my rainbow food collection. Hopefully I can still send over some visitors ^,^

Julie E said...

Okay, these push pops kick butt. The gold yogurt covered raisins is brilliant. I would totally love it if you would come by my St. Patty's link party and share your rainbows. :)

http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/02/st-patricks-day-linky-party.html

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

She looks just like you! That is amazing that she came on her due date. Both mine were scheduled c-sections so we'll never know when they would have popped out on their own:). My girl, Rachel's birthday is today! Gotta love march birthdays. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

You are the absolute push-up pop queen!! These are awesome!

Sue said...

What a fun birth date! I have a grandson born on the 4th of July last year:) Your push pops are adorable and perfect! LOVE the gold nuggets~so clever! Happy early Birthday to your wee cute leprachaun:)

Unknown said...

Cute! I've not made any push pops yet but I definitely want to. I had no idea they were the same size as the mini cupcakes. I have plenty of mini cupcake silicone liners so I could make something similar.

2/3 of my kids do not like raisins, nor do I, but it would be easy to substitute with sugar paste pieces painted gold. :)

highheeledlife said...

Sophia - you were a darling baby ... just as adorable as we see you today!! You certainly were a blessing to your family and love that even then you were on mmommy's side!!

Can't wait to what fun and creative things you will be coming up with my friend!! Blessings, xo HHL

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Such darling pics of Sophia, Trish!! I love St. Paddy's Day, too. How special that Sophia was born on that day. Your push pops are adorable.

Amila said...

so cute pops!!& love your daughters pics..
I would like if you link with my event for decorations....
http://foodssrilanka.blogspot.com/2012/03/decorating-challenge-4.html

Adrianne Surian said...

Hey, 5% of babies do in fact arrive on their due dates! My cousin is also a St. Patty's baby so I think of her often this time of year!

Thanks for linking up at our St. Patrick's Day linky ~ your project is among tomorrow morning's highlights! Feel free to add anything more you may have done recently, the party is still open through tomorrow night!

Adrianne
www.happyhourprojects.com

 
Blogging tips