Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Special Thank You




 A special note to my sister, Paula

Dear Paula,

Paula, I just had to let you know in an extra special way, how grateful I was for all those cupcake picks you made and sent me for the holiday fundraiser at St Andrew. You knew how busy I was and how much I wanted to make the table special to raise money for this wonderful school. I will never forget waking up to all those pictures you sent me from your phone and how completely speechless I was at what you and Jocelyn did for me. 
Between studying and taking my boards, working and and all the other things life has to offer me these days, I was a TAD overdrawn. But also, like you, I can never turn down a chance to help others. Thank you for stepping in and helping me....I really, really needed it. 

You know this is my favorite saying and you have heard this before; but it bears repeating. The truest meaning in life is to plant a tree under whose shade you do not expect to sit. 

Thank YOU for planting a tree for me when I needed the shade.

I love you from the bottom of my heart.



Trisha


Now you see them, now you don't...cuz they all sold OUT!

9 comments:

Paula said...

Simply, I love you, it's what we do for people we love, just like you, we see what needs to be done and we do it! Our beautiful Mother taught us that gift. Thank you so much for this special Thanks. You have no idea how much you mean to me. See you soon! Love, P

Anonymous said...

From Your Mom....SISTERS ARE FOREVER....I always wished I had sisters...but God knew I'd need DAUGHTERS MORE. I carried all 3 of you girls UNDER MY HEART for 9 months. I will carry all 3 of you girls IN MY HEART forever. I am so lucky all of you are such giving women....it comes back to you 10 fold when one pays it forward. I love paying it forward...it makes me feel warm & fuzzy. NOTHING LIKE IT!!! Love your Mom....See You Soon

Barbara F. said...

Trisha, you and your family are such special people! This posts warms my heart. xo P.S. Of course all your stuff was sold out! Are you planning to sell online? :)

Paula said...

Beautiful letter from one amazing and giving woman to another and a very special comment from the wonderful woman who raised them both.

Lisa said...

Is it any surprise that you sister is as sweet as you? What a wonderful gift.
Lisa

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

You are so sweet!

Micupoftea said...

SOunds like a keeper! Blessed to have each other~

♥ Miss Tea said...

oh my gosh, what a touching message for you lovely sister paula! she's as wonderful as you are, Trisha! you're both are amazing women, it reminds me that it's been ages since i said things like that to my own sisblings though we tend to tell each other we love each other whenever we finished talking on the phone. thank you for sharing this! so sweet! xx susan

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Trisha
How nice of you to thank your sister in this way and you can tell your Mom that her note brought tears to my eyes. I wish I had a sister too but our 2 daughters and 4 granddaughters have more than made up for not having one.
Hugs,
Judith

 
Blogging tips