Saturday, December 31, 2011

Date Night Cupcakes ~ Happy New Year





These cupcakes have a particular significance for me
and it seems only appropriate that I saved them for the 
last post of 2012 on Sweetology.




I made these cupcakes the beginning of last year, before I started blogging. These were the first "major" set of "fancy" cupcakes I tackled with my new found skills and confidence 
from My Cake School.  I was so stinkin proud of these! 

At the time, I wasn't blogging and I hadn't upgraded to my 
fancy Nikon...all I had was a LOT of pride and my little
point and shoot camera with some bad lighting. 

As I look back over 2011, I get kind of emotional. Last year at this time I was just discovering myself again and coming out of a tough spot dealing with my brain tumor and its impact in my life. 
I have definitely found the sweetness in life again. 

I hadn't planned to post anything for New Years 
but last night after I put Sophia to bed, I sat down and
started to go through some old photos and happened 
upon these cupcakes.

So, I share with you my "Date Night Cupcakes"
for New Years and I also share with you this....
Those of us who blog, do so for a reason. We want to be noticed.
We want to feel like we make an impact on our world. 
We want to carve out meaning, to find our bliss.
In Joseph Campbell's more eloquent words:

“If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind 
of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, 
and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. 

Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will 
open where you didn’t know they were going to be.”
 
“People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. 
I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think 
that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, 
so that our life experiences on the purely physical 
plane will have resonances without own innermost 
being and reality, so that we actually feel the 
rapture of being alive.”

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


And the journey continues......... 

Sharing with Tidy Mom

22 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

absolutely nice, Happy New Year!

Lisa said...

You should be proud of these cupcakes! Glad we got to know each other this last year of newbie blogging. Hope you have countless blessings in the new year.
Lisa

Bernideen said...

i enjoyed this post and the joy you expressed! Happy new Year!

Barbara F. said...

What a great post, Trish, I love how much you love life in all its glory. A lot of people can take it for granted (myself included). I also believe that all of us who blog were lead here for a reason. And these cupcakes are great! I want to wish you and your family a happy healthy New Year, and all the best for a bright 2012. xo

Gypsy Heart said...

These cupcakes are adorable! I appreciate your sharing...I was unaware of the brain tumor. I know we all tend to take our health for granted at times...this is a wonderful reminder for all. I'm so glad to have found your blog! Wishing you and your loved ones all the best in the new year.

xo
Pat

My Little Home and Garden said...

Is the guy on the left free this evening? Happy New Year!
-Karen

Unknown said...

Wishing you health and happiness in the New Year!

MsFoxsSweets said...

These look awesome! Happy New Years!

Unknown said...

Can you believe we are starting a fresh New Year in a matter of hours?!! I am so thankful for YOU being a part of(MY) and Lark's Country Heart life this past year!

Unknown said...

happy new year Trish! All the best in 2012!

Micupoftea said...

SO enjoyed finding your blog this year, visiting, seeing what you are up to...HAPPY 2012, Trisha!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Happy New Year's, Trish!! I have enjoyed getting to know you this past year & am thankful for YOU! Hugs & blessings...xoxoxo.

Erin said...

These are awesome! You are so darn talented. Happy New Year!!!

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing your special cupcakes with this post, Trish! I'm so glad that you joined the blogging world~you are one of the sweetest people around:) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. Continued health and happiness to you in 2012, my friend! :)

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me! Those are adorable!!!

MyCakeSchool.com said...

Your post is making me teary! You are one of a kind, my bloggy friend ;0) -- A constant source of inspiration. Happy 2012 to you!! --xoxox

★ JASMINE ★ said...

LOVE the blog miss! and your handle is super cute!

Would you like to follow eachother?

Happy new year! xo

http://barbie-bombshell.blogspot.com

Paula said...

You didn't need a *fancy Nikon* to shoot these wonderful cupcakes...your pride in them illuminated the photo just perfectly. I'm so happy that you started this blog and that we became friends, one of the best blessings of my 2011! Looking forward to experiencing with you everything that awaits as you open all the doors in 2012. xo

Brenda said...

GREAT POST, TRISH! GREAT POST!! For some reason, it just started bringing tears to my eyes. I have faith that I am where I'm suppose to be, but lots of times I wonder if I am doing ALL I was meant to do. This year I plan to dig deeper...
Here's to your health!!
May many blessings be your this new year.
Brenda

Brenda said...

I forgot to say.....I LOVE YOUR CUPCAKES!!! SWEET!! no pun intended...
LOL!
Brenda

Sugar Swings said...

Happy new year! Lovely post and great cupcakes from last year! Agree we all blog because it makes us feel good or fills a void. Very glad to "meet" you via this forum :)

Angela McRae said...

The cupcakes are impressive, the blog thoughts -- even more so! Happy 2012 to you, my friend!

 
Blogging tips