Monday, August 27, 2012

Brain Sprinkles ~ Cookies in a Jar + Printable Tag


Who doesn't need an extra dose 
of SMART every now and then, huh?

Especially when your going BACK TO SCHOOL!! 

Brain Sprinkles ~ Cookies in a Jar!


With my sweet girl, Sophia Rose,
going back to school next week and 
now entering into the THIRD GRADE (gasp!)
I had a feeling she would require
a little brain power as she transitions
from summer's lazy pace, to school's crazy race!

How about your kiddo?

I saw an idea for brain sprinkles made of 
glitter on pinterest HERE and immediately 
knew I could make it into a fun edible craft!



These were super easy. I actually took premade
snickerdoodle cookies from our local bakery and used
a wilton 1M tip to cut out the little round circles -- or you can
use a little round cookie cutter and your own cut-out
recipe if you like! I am all for FAST and FANCY!

I used the Wilton Cookie Icing in white and fun
rainbow jimmies to decorate the cookies.

I am going to give them out to the
neighbor kids too. YUM! 




Here is the Tag in JPEG for you to cut and
paste if you like!! So easy, fun and cute! 
I also have a word document for this
if you prefer, just email me.


On another note, I just had to mention that
this past weekend marked a 10 year
landmark for me with my brain tumor. 10 years
ago last week I entered into a research study at the Mayo
clinic to track patients with brain tumors. At that time
my 10 year survival was estimated to be 20%. Yikes.

Hmmmm. Guess I beat the odds.

To celebrate, I ate some of these 
brain sprinkles and prayed for another 10 years.



Life is short, add the sprinkles.
Sharing with:

CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO: The Girl Creative
Craftomaniac Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday  Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday  Mangia Mondays Mix it up MondaysTUESDAYTrick or Treat Tuesdays Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts  Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYTastetastic Thursday Sweet TemptationsTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAYPinterest Party Fun Stuff Fridays Freestyle Fridays Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 10th Anniversary Trish! Yes, you certainly did beat the odds and I hope and pray that you continue to do so. Here's to cute little brain cookies and to beating brain cancer. Big Anniversary Hugs to You ~ Paula

Beth @HungryHappenings said...

What an amazing milestone you are celebrating! Congratulations!

Lisa said...

The only thing that will beat your ten year is when you celebrate your twenty year!
XO,
Lisa
Ps I could use some of those brain sprinkles...

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I am thankful you are here and that I met you. I'm sure there's a batch recipe of these for grannies like me that can have a senior's moment. :-)
Very nice family photo by the way.
Judith

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

So cute! Congrats to her on third grade. Yay!

Notes from the Homestead said...

Super cute idea sweet girl! I'm touched to learn about your ten year anniversary! I know you will have many many more ten year milestones!!

Notes from the Homestead said...

Super cute idea sweet girl! I'm touched to learn about your ten year anniversary! I know you will have many many more ten year milestones!!

the decorated cookie said...

LOVE these!! Yeah for 10 year anniversaries, let's go for 50!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Happy 10 year anniversary, Trish! I wish I could wrap my arms around you and give you a great big hug!! Here's to many, many, many more years to celebrate YOU! I love your brain sprinkles...bet Sophia did, too.

Erin said...

What an absolutely cute idea. I'm going to use your tag (thank you!) and idea. And I can't even say congratulations loud enough! Amazing! I am wishing you 50 more!!!

Pink Little Cake said...

First, this is the cutest idea. My little one is going to kindergarten next week but I may be the one needing these cookies. I am nervous!
Second, have a wonderful Happy
10th Anniversary Trish! I am sure you will continue to be healthy and enjoying life the way you do.

Unknown said...

Wow these look awesome! Happy 10th Anniversary!

christinasemporium.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

very cute idea. cant wait to try it. My son is going into 4th grade. so I was thinking for school and the boyscouts. i was wondering if you can email me the document. thank you very much.
mary
ladefly@aol dot com

Sue said...

These are so cute! Congrats on a significant milestone!!! I'm so happy that you beat the odds! Can't wait to congratulate you on the next ten in 2022!!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!! KEEP LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!!

 
Blogging tips