Monday, October 17, 2011

Ronald McDonald House Cupcakes for a Charity Dinner ~ Happy Tea Party Tuesday

Happy Tea Party Tuesday!

WOW
What a WILD and CRAZY WEEKEND!!

In the past 3 days I have designed over 80 cupcakes!

WHEW

I was going to post another fillo mini tart recipe but
I received an amazing call on Friday and I wanted to 
share this experience while it is fresh in my heart.

The call was to ask me
if I would be interested in donating 

CUPCAKE CENTERPIECES
for the
Ronald McDonald House
Charity Dinner



This dinner is being put on by volunteers 
who serve a home cooked meal
to the parents of sick children who are 
receiving treatments for their respective diseases.

I wished I would have had more time
to put into my designs but they needed the cupcakes 
by Sunday and I was also hosting a fun
Halloween Extravaganza for
some families at my daughter's school
so I had to chose some designs that were
quick, yet seasonal and meaningful.

Here is what I whipped out:

Excuse the photo quality I was rushing like a mad woman!!!


I might not have made the most 
glamorous, elaborate designs...
and looking at the photos I see tons of
flaws in my piping and technique...
but in the end, I hope this brings a smile 
to a person who needs their heart lifted. 


And here is why I chose what I did:

1.        SUNFLOWER – ALWAYS WITH ITS FACE TO THE SUNSHINE
““The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.”

2.       BEAUTIFUL FALL LEAF AND THE IMPORTANCE OF EMBRACING CHANGE
“Without change there would be no butterflies”

3.       THE RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE – A SYMBOL OF HOPE AND COMMUNITY
"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."

We talk about the importance of "taking time for tea"
and this weekend I realized that my "tea time" was spent
doing something for others, not myself, and in that 
simple action my cup is overflowing.




The words ring true..."no man can can sincerely try to 
help another without helping himself".  

The POWER of saying, Yes...Yes I can. 



I am excited to see what YOU are bringing for Tea!

Sharing "tea" with:
TEA, INSPIRATION & TABLESCAPES:  

OTHER FUN SWEETS/FOOD and CRAFT LINK PARTIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
 Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday Jam Hands Recipe Share Monday Mangia MondaysTUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday  Handmade Tuesday  Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday  Time Out Tuesday  Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAY Cast Party Wednesday Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday Let's Do Brunch Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks Gooseberry PatchTHURSDAYArtsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week  Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY: Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday  Sassy Sites Friday Fun  Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative   Sundae Scoop





37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya, Trish! Cute cupcakes for a worthy cause. My son and daughter-in-law stayed three months in a Ronald McDonald House while baby Mackenzie was in the NICU last year at this time. She was born three months early - they were amazing - and the convenient accommodations across from the hospital was such a blessing during a traumatic time. Bless you for your generosity!
Joy!
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

Trisha,
Your cupcakes are wonderful! Blessings for helping in this event. Wonderful sentiments ring so true. Thanks for having us over!
Sherry

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Trisha,
Your cupcakes are adorable and your post, heartwarming! I am amazed at the way you throw yourself into making others happy. You are so sweet! Thank you for sharing and I know you are such a blessing to so many.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Barbara F. said...

Oh Trish, I think it is such a wonderful thing that those good folks called you to make the cupcakes. You did a fantastic job, as you always do, I love the symbolism. Thanks for sharing with all of us. xo

Carrie said...

Your cupcakes are beautiful to behold and so are the sentiments behind each cupcake design!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

They are beautiful!!! I bet you were so honored to be asked to do that...God Bless :)

Deb said...

Very sweet cupcakes. You do wonderful work for a very worthy cause. Sorry, I am new to this linking and made a mistake trying to link up. I'd like to try again but don't see how to delete what I posted. I'll try again another time. Deb

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Trisha
You are so generous to others and the cupcakes you made for the RM House are really sweet. You may notice imperfections but the rest of us just see how big your heart is.
Judith

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a wonderful cause, Trisha!! You made the most beautiful cupcakes...what an inspiration you are. xoxo

Marie said...

Oh Trisha, not only did you make the most beautiful cupcakes, you made them with labor of love! You are a wonderful inspiration to us all. Thank you!
-Marie

My Little Home and Garden said...

You just whipped those up, Trish? Wow! They're beautiful!
-Karen

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

I think your cupcakes are fabulous! One of my favorite creative desserts...to eat! And yours look divine!
R

xinex said...

These are so beautiful, Trish! You are so good...Christine

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

What a fabulous cause you support! I know they were thrilled with your beautifully decorated cupcakes~

Lisa said...

Oh Trish what a beautiful post and your cupcakes are all just perfect. And you are so right - the things in life that are most important are what you give not what you receive. That is where true blessings are found. BTW, if you EVER need any cookies done for things like this, give me a shout and they will be in the mail lickety split.
Lisa

♥ Miss Tea said...

You've been a busy bee! i always love the cupcakes you made and those are definitely the most adorable cupcakes i've ever seen and so meaningful too! I salute you, Trish!

Love,
Susan

MsFoxsSweets said...

Beautiful cupcakes for a wonderful cause! I love how you just say you whipped them out...they look amazing!

Amanda said...

Thanks for hosting! I posted a profile of poppy seed, which is of course a great ingredient for muffins and other baked goods, but can even be used in tea.

like the air said...

Wonderful cupcakes for a wonderful charity! :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Those are beautiful cupcakes! :)

Kathy said...

You are Terrific! Just love these! You have been given great opportunity to share your talent! You do so much for others - do take the time to stop - rest and enjoy the blessings of the day - for yourself!
Hugs,
Kathy

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Love those cupcakes! I decided to share my recent canadian thanksgiving, using the idea of "tea" very loosely. Hope that's okay! So happy to have found your lovely blog

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Paula said...

No need to excuse the photos, they are as beautiful as this post. You are living the sentiments expressed under each of your decorations and as such are a true example of what we all should be doing.
YES! Yes you can, yes you do and yes, you are a beautiful soul. So happy I found your blog, you are not only inspirational but extremely motivational.

Gypsy Heart said...

Yay for you! What an awesome contribution to such a worthy cause. I don't see any flaws ~ I see beauty and love. Thanks so much for sharing!

xo
Pat

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Bless you . What a fabulous way to GIVE!!!! I love your cupcakes, they are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Trisha,
Bless you for having such an open and giving heart. Your cupcakes are so lovely, they don't
look the least bit easy to me. Darlings designs
I would say, and I am sure they made a lot of hearts and tastebuds happy!! What a blessing
Ronald McDonald house is to so many, and wonderful that you could contribute your adorable cupcakes.

Blessings, Nellie

Tea & Chocolate Guy said...

Trisha, my sweet friend ... a I read your post ... I know that your cupcakes will be more than appreciated... the meaning behind each one brought tears to my eyes; you are most thoughtful and creative. I still hold dear a little change purse that was filled with caramels and given to me when I was in the hospital after my accident at Christmas (this year I will of had it for 5 years). It's a reminder that someone was thinking of me while I thought the world had forgotten me. I pull this little purse out each October 28th - date of my accident- and keep it close until the end of each year). many blessings to you...xo HHL

The Tablescaper said...

Such adorable cupcakes, so much detail and hard work.

- The tablescaper

Notes from the Homestead said...

Tears filled my eyes...for the children of Ronald McDonald House, and their families. Tears of love and kind thoughts of my sweet friend who is always doing for others! They are lovely Trish!

Terri said...

Hello Trisha, your cupcakes look amazing to me...delicious even! The Ronald MacDonald house was blessed to have you help out! It is such a good cause isn't it. My heart goes out to every family that need their services. I am thankful that it is available to help.
That is a very pretty tea cup in your picture. It is a good reminder that it is just as important to say "yes" to yourself, for rest, for relaxation, for contemplation...for self loving really.
Be good to yourself : )
Hugs of Love,
Terri

parTea lady said...

Your cupcakes for the Ronald McDonald house looked great and thanks for the sentiments too.

Sue said...

You just "whipped these out" huh?!? They're gorgeous, and I love the meaning behind each one! You're a sweetheart:)

Unknown said...

Trisha, You are AWESOME!!
You make me smile, because you are always "paying if forward!"

I love the McDonalds House! they do so much for so many!

Shirley said...

The sunflower fondant cupcake is especially adorable!

HoosierHomemade said...

I think they are beautiful! We spent some time at the Ronald McDonald House in Chicago when my youngest was born. It's a wonderful place!
Bravo to you for sharing with them!
Thanks so much for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz

Unknown said...

Look who made my TOP 3 picks at MADE IT ON MONDAY......YOU!!!

Thanks so much for linking up Trish!

Angela McRae said...

I am not seeing any flaws -- and the heart behind these cupcakes was absolutely perfect!

 
Blogging tips