Monday, October 24, 2011

Tea Party Tuesday ~ Fast and Fancy ways to Glam up a Tea Party!

Happy Tea Party Tuesday!

This week I would like to show a couple of
"Fast and Fancy" ways to glam up
YOUR next Tea Party!


First on the docket this week 
is this EASY, yet ELEGANT way
to serve a vegetable as a canape'

I hope I am using the word canape' right...I just think it sounds FANCY!


Simply cut your pepper of choice into above wedges
and pipe on cream cheese of desired flavor!



I have seen this before in my internet travels
so this is not my original idea but certainly 
something that anyone can replicate!

Furthermore, I have written about the 
Mini Fillo Tart Shell during the month of 
October and to wrap it up here is the
EASIEST little dessert tassie I have EVER done!



You can use any kind of miniature candy. 
I love Rolos so I chose that for this dessert

Place Rolo in thawed dessert shells.


Next, place in warm oven at 350 degress
for 8-10 minutes or just until starting to melt.

Use back of spoon and press melted candy into shell.




Top with whipped topping and candy shavings.

I love to use the Wilton Toffee Crunch!!





Viola - so yummy and just the perfect size!

There are so many great ideas on the Athens Site
so make sure to visit them the next time 
you are in need of a FAST yet FANCY 
canape' for your next Tea Party.

How about these SUPER EASY
edible acorn treats?



When I found these babies on Pinterst, I knew I
HAD to incorporate them into my weekly tea!

For the incredibly easy HOW-TO click  

The final thing that one can do to add 
easy GLAM and FUN to your next tea is to 
let your guests chose their own tea cup from
your lovely display!




Now, I know not everyone has a teired stand such as this
put keep in mind that you can use cake stands, candle sticks
or other pedestals to add height and dimension as well as a touch
of whimsy while guests pick out the cup they would like to use!







I always like to see which cup my friends choose - I tell them
it can tell a lot about their personality!! 


I hope you enjoyed these ideas for your next
Tea Party! Later this week I will be sharing some more
fall inspired cupcakes that I have been working on!

And finally I want you to SAVE the DATE
as I am participating in A Witches Tea Party!!

Frosted Petunias



The Witches Tea will be on Oct 29th and 30th and is

hosted by Frosted Pentunias!

You SURELY do NOT want to MISS the
Mischievous Witchy FUN!!!!

Now, I am so excited to see what you are bringing for TEA!


I am sharing Fast and Fancy Tea with:


TEA, INSPIRATION & TABLESCAPES:  

OTHER FUN SWEETS/FOOD and CRAFT LINK PARTIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
 Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday Jam Hands Recipe Share Monday Mangia MondaysTUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday  Handmade Tuesday  Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday  Time Out Tuesday  Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAY Cast Party Wednesday Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday Let's Do Brunch Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks Gooseberry PatchTHURSDAYArtsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week  Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY: Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday  Sassy Sites Friday Fun  Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative   Sundae Scoop




32 comments:

xinex said...

Thank you so much for all these great ideas, Trish! And thanks for hosting too...Christine

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Trisha, you host the best and most interesting tea parties! Love the 'canape' ideas and the tassies look so yummy. Thanks for sharing them with us and thanks for joining me for tea too. Enjoy your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Beautiful and tasty ideas. Love your canapes and tassies. You host the loveliest tea parties. Love all your cups and how they are displayed. Take care, Trish. Have a great week.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my, Trisha, the canapes are adorable & those tassies with the rolos...how easy!! I love your tiered teacup display. You have the best tea party ideas...love them!!! xoxo

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh, I forgot to mention how sweet those little acorns are!! What a fun, Fall treat! Wish we all could really meet for tea, don't you??

MsFoxsSweets said...

Love the peppers, so colorful! You did it again with the mini fillo shells, soooo cute! I could probably eat like a thousands of the little acorns too! Fabulous tea party! Thanks for hosting! Now that it is getting cooler outside I have been having tea every evening with my 13 year old :)

Tea & Chocolate Guy said...

Oh my .. how I wish I could just reach in through the computer screen and retrieve one of those little delights!

I too enjoy watching which tea cup friends chose when I host a tea party. I love how you have displayed them for guests to pick one out... Happy Tea Tuesday.. and thank you for sharing such a wonderful tea..xo , Blessings, HHL

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thanks for stopping by and linking, Trish. :-)

Amanda @ Traditional Foods said...

Thanks for hosting! I posted a recipe for curried pumpkin soup and a profile and recipe idea for raspberry leaf

I love the peppers! :)

Barbara F. said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas, I love the mini phyllo cups for both sweet and savory bites. I am looking forward to the Witches Tea Party! xo

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

One Rolo per cup, that wouldn't be many calories - I like this dessert!
I must say Trisha, I've never seen anyone have so much fun baking and presenting as you, always a treat to visit.
My guests get to choose their teacup too and I like how yours are displayed.
Judith

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Trish, I'll be joining you next week! I am having a tea party here tomorrow. So my table is set and all the goodies made. Just putting together the finishing touches!
Thanks for these wonderful treats!!!!
See you next week.
Yvonne

Paula said...

Everything here is delicious and gorgeous but that tiered stand is absolutely beautiful and what a lovely idea to display the tea-cups on it for your guests to choose their own. Your quick canapes and desserts are perfect and those acorn cookies are adorable.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is such a beautiful idea and you are right, it would be a lot of fun. I like the idea of selecting your own teacup...great idea.I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

I LOVE your tassies and acorn cookies! They are so cute...not to mention luscious! I'm for tea at your place!
R

Micupoftea said...

I love visiting your blog, Trisha! I want to come to your house for tea and choose a teacup. LOL~ I am certainly going to try making your ingenious dessert tassies! YUM! Now I need some chocolate. I am sure your gracious preparations make your guests feel pampered and special.
HUGS~
shawn

♥ Miss Tea said...

Fast and Fancy indeed, Trisha! loveee the ideas and tips as well as the beautiful mouth watering photos! oh they look soo yummy! i also love how you display your beautiful collection of teacups in the tiered stand, gorgeous!!! thanks for hosting and sharing this tea party! xx susan

Lisa said...

Such great ideas - I don't know where to start. OMG I want the rolo tart immediately. And the acorn - shut the front door! I can only imagine what fun it is to have tea at your house. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a tea cup stand. Love it all.
Lisa

Angela McRae said...

What great ideas! Love the canapes, and those acorn treats would be great to serve alongside those pretty acorn sandwiches you made a few weeks ago. The tassies sound easy and delicious, and I also like your idea about letting guests choose their own teacup. So much fun stuff here today! (Can you tell I'm getting caught up after finishing a certain deadline last week?)

Judee@gluten Free A-Z said...

Love these fabulous entertaining ideas. I am your newest follower. I would love it if you visited my blog and followed me back.

Brenda said...

Trish, your blog is so amazing! Your beautiful tiered teacups to all the wonderful mouth watering goodies. You have some amazing ideas to enjoy at any tea party! Thank you for sharing,
Brenda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous. The teacup tower is unreal, what a fantastic idea. Love all the wonderful treats you've created. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Wanda Lee said...

Oh my dear Trish!

You've done it again!., While I am never truly surprised, as I know you are going to 'wow' us again and again with your culinary prowess. ~

Nonetheless, yet I am still amazed and delighted each week with the wide array of teatime dainties that you supply us with, each week dear lady!

As always, thanks so much for your comments ad kind words of encouragement when you visit; it means so much!

I adore that teacup tree!.., I must see what , 'even a shadow of a facsimile', I could try for our first book club meeting, tea party to be held this Thursday coming at my home that I could come up with. And yes, 'sigh'!.., It will in no way be as fabulous as yours, yet the inspiration has my mind, 'a dancing'!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks also so very much for joining us for Tea.~ We always love having you partake!

Hugs, Wanda Lee

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

OMG!! I love the Rolo cups, the kisses acorns, BUT...the tea cup tree!! So beautiful! I have a stand I think will work perfectly. I just wish I'd thought of it myself, but that's why we blog and post, right?! I'm following you, and I +1'd you too!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great ideas and I'm going to go take a look at how to make them. The tea cup tree stand is fabulous, wish I could find something like this! I'm loving the cup with the pedestal it is stunning! Thank you so much for hosting.

Charlene said...

Love the sweet pepper canapes -- beautiful, quick and easy -- my kind of fancy! You've been added to my blogroll and bloglovin' to spread the sweetness.

My Little Home and Garden said...

Hi, Trish
I'm not participating, but had to pop by and see what you were up to this week. The peppers look so pretty. I also like your teacup display and reading about your "reading" people, not with tea leaves but cups!
-Karen

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

I'm back to let you know I have an award for you. Don't miss out on entering my latest giveaway either. Have a great day, Trish.

Lady Linda said...

I have such a thing for acorns! Such a fun thing to take to Thanksgiving dinner for the kids who don't like pie!
Thanks-again!
Lady LInda

Selena Ze Arteest said...

Thanks for the wonderful Tea Party!

Cranberry Morning said...

Love those cute dessert ideas!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet idea! It gives your friends a special way to participate in the tea party and they'll remember it all the more. I've just spent quite a while on the net looking for tiered tea stands and other variations on the wording and am having no luck at all. Please, if you would let us know where and how the stands can be found. Was it a repurposed candle stand? Again, it was a sweet idea however it came about.
Pam (no blogging home)

 
Blogging tips