Friday, August 17, 2012

SLEEPOVER TWINKIES



SLEEPOVER TWINKIES!



Sophia is having a buddy stay over
tonight and I wanted to do something fun!

These slumber party twinkies are
the perfect fun treat for dessert.


I was inspired by the idea from
Hungry Happenings found HERE!

For these sugar shock treats, I used a dab
of frosting to place the Nilla Wafer on a Twinkie
(you could also use a Swiss Cake Roll too), then I wrapped
the Twinkie with a small tortilla shell and secured it with
some frosting.  Next, I used edible makers to make the 
faces, some Wilton eyes and tube frosting for the
hair and hearts you see on the "sleeping bag".  

The whole thing might have taken 10 minutes to
put together....the clean-up was longer!!!

Occasional sugar fun -- balanced with exercise, limited
couch/TV time and wholesome food options for meals is 
absolutely just fine in my house!

Have a great weekend!

Sharing with:  

CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday  Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday  Mangia Mondays Mix it up MondaysTUESDAYTrick or Treat Tuesdays Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts  Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYTastetastic Thursday Sweet TemptationsTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAYPinterest Party Fun Stuff Fridays Freestyle Fridays Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative 

10 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Excellent balance going on in your house, Trisha! These are the cutest. xo

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

so cute - wish I would have known about this when my girls were younger. I'll have to remember these when if I ever have granddaughters.

SweetSugarBelle said...

These are beyond adorable, Trisha!!!

Lisa said...

Really fun stuff! Is there anything better than a sleepover with treats?
XO,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Sophia and her friend must have had a great time devouring these little treats. They are the cutest!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Those are too cute! I'll have to remember that for when Jordan has a friend sleep over for the first time. :)

Beth @HungryHappenings said...

I've been having fun decorating snack cakes this summer, and just can't get over how adorable you made a Twinkie. I just love your Sleepover Twinkies and have pinned them and shared on my Hungry Happenings Facebook page.

Beth @ Hungry Happenings

What's for dessert? said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Haha, so cute. Unfortunately, no Twinkies or Nilla wafers over this side of the pond.

Bet the kids loved them. I remember being spoiled by my grandma. You're creating memories!

-Lisa.
Sweet 2 Eat Baking

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You have got to be kidding me! These are SO stinking cute!!

 
Blogging tips