Friday, November 11, 2011

Easy Tepee Cupcakes (or place card holders) for Thanksgiving!



Happy Veterans Day!
Thank you, Lord for our Veterans.




This past weekend I made some
really fun cupcakes for Thanksgiving.
The first style I would like to share is this
TEPEE CUPCAKE!!



My inspiration came from these edible crafts
that you can see by clicking HERE!

I just adapted them, CUPCAKE STYLE!

How fun are these?


I used sugar cones and cut the top off
and using chocolate frosting as glue placed in the cut
pretzel sticks on the top.


Then I used the canned chocolate
frosting to pipe on the stripes with a #4 wilton tip.

Using mini M&M's, I decorated the Tepee's
with ornamental flair.


After piping the frosting on top of my
cupcake I placed the Tepee on it's sacred spot!


These would also work as place card holders
if you were smart enough to place your pretzels
in a manner to accommodate a place card! 


Now that is CLEVER!!


I look forward to sharing more fun
Thanksgiving treats soon!! 


Sharing with:

The Tablescaper ~ Seasonal Sundays
StoneGable - On the Menu Monday! 
 FUN SWEETS/FOOD and CRAFT LINK PARTIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday Jam Hands Recipe Share Monday Mangia MondaysTUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAY Cast Party Wednesday Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday Let's Do Brunch Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks Gooseberry PatchTHURSDAYArtsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY: Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative Sweet Indulgences Sunday 
 Six Sisters Stuff ~ Strut Your Stuff Saturday


17 comments:

Sue said...

So cute! Nice to have an alternative to a turkey:)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Trisha
These are really cute and I agree they could make unique place card holders.
Judith

MsFoxsSweets said...

LOVE THESE! They look great, such a fabulous idea! You have the most amazing cupcakes! Stumbled and pinned!

MsFoxsSweets said...

Good morning Trish, yes I am back! This time to pass on to you the "Triple Cute Blog Award" Stop by to pick it up! http://mrsfoxssweets.blogspot.com/2011/11/triple-cute-blog-award-liebster-award.html

Maria Matter said...

fun idea, love it!!

Tea & Chocolate Guy said...

Oh La La .. these are a great idea to keep little helping hands busy ... thank you for sharing... wishing you a blessed week-end..xo HHL

sue said...

super cute!

Paula said...

These are adorable and I love that they are edible, what a bonus. You could fit the place cards between the three pretzels couldn't you?

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Visit me at http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/ for allergy friendly recipes and a giveaway!

beti said...

great idea!! they look great!

Amanda said...

Hello, I saw you on another blog and wanted to check out your blog. I love it. The teepees are so cute and very creative. I am now a new follower. Please stop by my blog and check it out when you get the chance.

Angela McRae said...

How festive and clever! I'll be passing this along to a friend who likes to make fun treats for kids!

Anonymous said...

i love your post! thanks for sharing...God bless you...

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

How clever and cute! Kid friendly is a bonus.

Micupoftea said...

What fun, Trisha! I can always count on you to create something festive and delicious~ Cute, cute...kids would love 'em.
shawn

Wanda Lee said...

Dearest Trisha,

WHAT A VERY CUTE AND YUMMY IDEA!.., Adorable.

Your Tuesday Tea post from last week brought 'tears of joy' to my eyes; so very pretty! Most of all however, such a loving and utterly exquisite series of heartfelt, lovelies you created.

So sorry I am so late in visiting yet I very much wanted to post a comment for you dear lady! Thank you very much for your kind words of understanding and support as well.

Much love and continued prayers.

Thanks so much for joining us for last week's Tuesday teas. We always love having you join us!

Hugs and many best wishes to you,

Have a sweet week!
Wanda Lee

Bronya @ Daisy Cakes said...

So very cute!!!
xxx

 
Blogging tips