Monday, November 28, 2011

Easy but Elegant Plum Pecan Pastry



Happy Tea Party Tuesday! 


 I would like to share a wonderful  
Plum Pecan Pastry
that I adapted from the Sept/Oct 2008 
Tea Time Magazine with everyone this week.



For the easy & printable recipe click HERE.


I paired this recently with a lovely
Holiday Spiced Tea

For a great recipe, try the one I use from Taste of Home.


SPICED TEA


Ingredients

  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 6 to 12 whole allspice
  • 1 teaspoon whole cloves
  • 12 cups water
  • 12 individual tea bags
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup cranberry juice
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice

Directions

  • Place cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. 
  • Bring up corners of cloth; tie with a string to form a bag.
  • Place water and spice bag in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add tea bags; cover and steep for 5 minutes.  Discard tea bags and spice bag. 
  • Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. 
  • Add juices; heat through. Serve warm.

Taking time for Tea is very important
but at times it can serve as a metaphor in life.





By that I mean in the upcoming holiday season, I will
be taking "time for tea" with my beautiful child, my wonderful
husband and my amazing family and friends. 

I hope YOU take the "time for tea" in whatever
way, shape or form that means for YOU. 
I am excited to see what everyone is bringing for 
the Tea Party this week! Make sure to try to visit
the other links so we can support one another.

Sharing with:
TEA, INSPIRATION & TABLESCAPES:
OTHER FUN SWEETS/FOOD and CRAFT LINK PARTIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday Jam Hands Recipe Share Monday Mangia MondaysTUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAY Cast Party Wednesday Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday Let's Do Brunch Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks Gooseberry PatchTHURSDAYArtsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY: Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative Sundae Scoop







25 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thanks for this great recipes, I love it and love the spice tea too. Thank you for hosting your great party dear Trish at Sweetology, always looking forward to joining it. FABBY

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Trisha,
Yum! Both your dessert and tea sound absolutely delectable! I will have to try the tea recipe. Thank you for sharing and enjoy your week, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This is such a pretty blog. I love to visit here. You have done a great job.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

The tea recipe sounds wonderful! Your dessert, of course, is beautiful!! I love taking time for tea...it's an important part of my day. xoxo

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Trish,
oh my, that looks like a favoured dessert for me, yummy and served in a elegant bowl with a Rose spoon! Thank you for the yummy recipe of this delight.
Best greetings, Johanna

Unknown said...

Your spiced tea sounds absolutely delicious, I enjoy tea in the evening and this would be wonderful just about now.:-)

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds DIVINE!!! <3

Karyn said...

It's important to stop, take a deep breath and a minute for your self. I know I get run down with all the "giving" of myself during the holidays. Thanks for reminding us to relax and enjoy a cup of tea.

Cindy Adkins said...

Yummy, Trish! That looks so good! Thanks!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Trish - You have the yummiest site! That pudding treat looks wonderful. Too bad that I have had to cut out most of the sugar in my diet - I get so uncomfortable and sick lately after eating sweets. Change of life can have some real downsides! I can eat up your good advice about taking time for tea - I do - with a gluten free low to no sugar treat. Looking forward to all your Christmas goodies!
Joy!
Kathy

Emily Thompson said...

Hi! Came over from Market Yourself Monday...This looks really yummy. Would love for you to come over and share at my Tasty Tuesday Party going on now!
http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Trisha
Although I'm pretty much a plain biscuit kind of gal when I have tea, I do love the fancy and decadent desserts you make. Tea at your place would be an experience for the senses; enjoy with hubby and your sweet daughter.
Judith

Snap said...

my mouth always waters when i visit you! love the spice tea recipe! happy tea day!

MsFoxsSweets said...

Such a pretty dessert! Looks so yummy! The tea sounds so good I can almost smell the aroma! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

Brenda said...

Your pastries look so yummy. I believe I can smell the sweet aroma!! Your pictures came out so divine and very inviting. I love your analogy for "Time for Tea." That is a very good way to express that!!
I wish you a perfect day!
Brenda

Kathy said...

Hello Trisha, you come up with the best desserts! I look forward to trying your spiced tea recipe! It sounds fantastic! I hope you have a blessed week. Thank you for hosting and thank you for sharing with A return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Lisa said...

Wow, what an elegant presentation! Glad to hear your exam went well.
Hugs,
Lisa

The Better Baker said...

What lovely photos and recipes. Looks soooo yummy. I linked up my simple apple dumplings. Comfort food - always good with a cup of tea. Have a great week!

carolinaheartstrings said...

What an elegant looking dessert. I know my husband would love this. We have pumpkin fried rice on our menu this week. Come over and check it out. And be sure to come visit us on Friday and register for a really wonderful give away from the Shabby Apple.

Cindy said...

Hi,

I am hosting a Holiday Cookie Recipe swap and would love to get the word out to other bloggers to post and share their recipe. I do get good traffic on my site so it would mean traffic for others.

http://happyhomemakercindy.com/2011/11/the-hhc-holiday-cookie-recipe-swap/

I would love it if you could share the idea with you blogger friends.

Notes from the Homestead said...

This looks so amazingly delish! I just love how you serve it in the beautiful ornate cup! Looking forward to "taking time for tea" with YOU my special friend!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

A beautiful dessert! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday. :)

highheeledlife said...

YUM!! what a delish and beautiful dessert you are sharing along with tea!! Time for tea is a given at home. TEA and the ritual of preparing it has saved me (literally)when the darkness was never ending!! It offered peace and calmness... wishing you a blessed week my dear friend..xo HHL

Sue said...

Your tea sounds so good, and the pastry decadent. They will go perfectly together, I'm sure:)

Angela McRae said...

Mmm ... I may have to make the spiced tea for our office Christmas party next week!

 
Blogging tips