Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cornucopia and Turkey Cookies Inspired by The Decorated Cookie Blog


I wanted to share some cookies
I made a week ago inspired by
Meaghan Mountford from


I would have to admit that I have
always been intimated by 
Royal Icing, but these designs
just seemed so cute and fun that I 
had to suck it up and give them a try!

Sugar Cookie Turkeys are my FAVORITE!

Cornucopia Cookies!

A side view for your viewing pleasure......



I am glad I did because in all honesty,
I had a lot of fun making them. 

Plus, the staff at Sophia's school thought 
they were so cute as well!!! 

Eat Chicken

For the how to on the cornucopia's click HERE.
For the how to on the cute gobblers click HERE. 

Thanks for the inspiration and all the great ideas, Meaghan!

9 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Adorable! Happy Thanksgiving! xo

Micupoftea said...

Awesome job! So cute...ever worked with WIlton Color Flow? (I taught classes for Wilton for 5 yrs)It is easy to make 2 sided pieces too. Just let one side dry, flip and repeat the same steps. If you use a lollipop stick or toothpick you can flow over them and have a 'stake' to push into a cake or cupcake.
http://www.wilton.com/technique/Color-Flow-Decorations
HAPPY Thanksgiving :D
shawn

Lisa said...

I think they turned out just great! The more you do it, the more comfortable you will get. Have a wonderful holiday.
Hugs,
Lisa

the decorated cookie said...

Holy freakin' gold star to you!! I cried a little... Um, these are better than mine.

MsFoxsSweets said...

They are all so cute! Awesome job! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Paula said...

You should not be intimidated by royal icing! Look at what you did! These are adorable and I can see why the staff at Sophia's school loved them.

Patsy said...

Absolutely adorable. I am archiving this recipe so I can make some for my great-grandson next year!

Unknown said...

Ok, so I think you talked me into working with Royal frosting again. (The first time...not so good! -ha,ha)

Angela McRae said...

I'll bet the folks at your daughter's school *adore* you!

 
Blogging tips