Monday, May 30, 2011

Tea Party Tuesday First Offical Link Up!!! Vanilla Rose Strawberry Tea Cakes

Welcome to Sweetology's FIRST official Tea Party Tuesday Link up!!

I am so excited to share a Tea Party with other bloggers.  Please feel free to link up your recipe, craft or fun inspiration and join our Tea Party! 

The party goes all week ~ tell your friends!

I have to take a minute to thank my May Teapot Swap Partner, Melanie from Artful Interludes for the amazing teapot she sent me along with other goodies. You can see the teapot below...it is so wonderful.

She also spoiled me with other goodies such as homemade decorative sugars, a lovely tea towel, a faux cupcake and spoon.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I was so excited to purchase some miniature clay "sweets" from her etsy shop and now Sophia and I get to wear some sweets around our necks everyday!



Another BIG THANK YOU goes out to one of the BEST tea blogs I have stumbled upon and frequent almost daily....Angela from Tea with Friends .
I won her Scripture Tea Giveaway and I am very grateful and excited. 

Now...let's share some tea and sweets!
For Tea Time Tuesday this week and in honor of the these wonderful ladies and our new Tea Party link up I will be serving you lovely ladies my version of Strawberry Baby Cakes with Rose Tea Infused Mousse.

Does anyone remember seeing these on the cover of Tea Time?



I have been just waiting for the perfect time to make these! The combination of vanilla, rose water and sponge cake was so delightful. 


Of course I had to put my FAST and FANCY twist on these sweet delights and I think they turned out GREAT!  I did not have a mini cheesecake pan that they used in the original recipe but they worked out great stacked as you see here.


I am attaching the full original PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE but I did shorten it up a bit by using premade pound cake.




And I cut it out with a scalloped round cutter.

The rest is true to the original recipe.  This was my first time making mousse AND using a candy thermometer!! 






To be honest I didn't wait as long as I should have before I stacked up the cakes for the picture you see here......I was so excited. However, after the mousse sat in the refrigerator for about 4 hours total it was perfect consistency.

The rose tea I used for the mousse infusion was Tazo Rest Herbal Infusion ~ it is a white tea with rose petals and has a lovely flavor.  The Rose Water I purchased from a local grocery store but I often see it at William Sonoma as well.





Another Fast and Fancy Tip would be to skip the mousse completely and just make the Vanilla Rose Cream.  I used extra cream to make little cakes such as this which would be lovely and EASY for any tea party!



I can give you one taste tester who, even in her jammies, thought this was one of the best treats I have made in a long time....


And here is the Teapot from Melanie...






You can also find this recipe link along with many other wonderful recipes that would be perfect for any Tea Party by clicking to my Recipes Page. 
I will be linking up to these wonderful parties:
Tidy Mom ~ I'm Lovin It!
Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!


A Breath of Fresh Air ~ Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday!
Sassy Sites!
Between Naps on the Porch ~ Tablescape Thursday
Add a Pinch ~ Mingle Monday ~ I Made That!
Sumo's Sweet Stuff

The Girl Creative ~ Just Something I Whipped Up 
Not Just a House Wife Blog
Fireflies and Jelly Beans Blog ~ Show your Stuff!
My Romantic Home ~ Show and Tell Friday
Delicate Construction
Lily Rose Cottage: L.A.C.E
Foodie Friday ~ At Designs by Gollum

Tempt my Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
Savory Sundays
My Sweet and Savory ~ Let's Do Brunch Wednesdays
Now it is YOUR turn!!

31 comments:

Jenn said...

Thank you for hosting, Trish! These look lovely!! I've linked up my cinnamon roll cookies; bite size if you want them for a tea party, and not so big that you feel guilty about eating 6. :)

xinex said...

Your taster is such a cutie, Trisha. Those cakes look so delicious. Thanks for inviting me over to link...Christine

Unknown said...

Wow, Christine that table is so beautiful and that those cookies Jenn..yes...I will take a truck load! The snickerdoodle cupcake is a winner for sure! WOW!

Awishdream said...

Hi Trish...Thank you for posting my teapot for you... and charms you ordered! SO glad your enjoying them. Looking forward to your Teapot and will post it on my blog too!
Do stop by next week as I will be doing a collectors teapot Giveaway hope you will sign up! Hope you had a wonderful Memorial day! Oh your daughter is so cute!
Cheers
Melanie

Antiques And Teacups said...

Thaks for the invitation and nice to meet you! Your treats are luscious! I'll have to see if I can find the Entenmenn's cakes...have never seen them in our area.
Cheers!
Ruth

Unknown said...

Oh I am so excited about your link party!

I added my Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes.

♥ Miss Tea said...

oh wow Trish! love the strawberry baby cakes you made!! they're sooo cuteee, sophia is adorable!! congrats on your first tea time linky party!! xx Susan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Trisha,
What an adorable little taster and treat! Love the teapot you've won and congrats on your first linky party! I will add yours to my list. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Notes from the Homestead said...

Mmmmmmm! They look simply divine! How cute is Sophia in her fun apron?? TOO CUTE!!!!! Hugs Sweetie!!!
K

Unknown said...

So cute!!! I just added strawberry cookies to go with your tea cakes!

Carolyn said...

Hi Trisha,
That looks like a delicious treat! Thank you for hosting.

Carolyn

Awishdream said...

Thank You Trish for the invitation to your tea party...those tea treats look so delicious! I have added your Blog to mine.
Cheers!
Melanie :)

Terri said...

Trish, your post is fabulous! I love the treats you have made. I think I would buy my pound cake too! Your taster is as sweet as your treat!
Your tea pot from Melanie is gorgeous! I love it!
Hugs,
Terri

Barbara F. said...

I've got to get to work so I can join in! Is this going to be weekly? xo,

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

These look FANTASTIC! I'd never have dreamed Entennmann's was involved. How very clever of you!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I remember the shortcakes on the front of Tea Time magazine and your version looks scrumptious too.
The teapot you received is really nice, tea swaps are fun!
Judith

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thank you for hosting this tea party, Trish. This is a lovely idea and a great post. I've linked a few recipes.

Donna said...

Hi Trish, Thanks for hosting this tea party and joining mine. It's lovely to meet you. Great dessert idea..and darling photo of your daughter. :o)

Michael said...

Those looks so sweet. Thanks for sharing, and hosting the tea party. I linked up two treats for ya!
-Aimee

Angela McRae said...

Oh wow, I LOVE your version of the strawberry shortcakes! Super! (And your teas went in the mail yesterday, so I hope you and your daughter will be enjoying them very soon!)

The Sweet Details said...

Just wanted to let you know I changed my blog url from eating in winnipeg to http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/ hope to have you come over there and follow me there :)

The Sweet Details said...

oh, ha ha it the followers things is at the very bottom, but i think i might move it for a bit, until a have a good amount of followers :)

Martha said...

what adoable little cakes! and a pretty sweet taste tester too! :)Thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

The link ups for the Tea Party are absolutely FABULOUS. thanks!!

Martha said...

These look yummy and I love the idea of the rose infusion.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Sweet and lovley little cakes!

Kathryn said...

Darling and delcious! Please share your recipe with our readers by linking it up at Muffin and Cupcake Monday. Thanks!

http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-chocolate-coconut-muffins

Wanda Lee said...

Dearest Trish,

No I have not forgotten you dear lady!.., Unfortunately with a chronic illness I have suffered with for many years, I experienced a frightening episode that had me very concerned and most unwell!

I simply could not do a thing and that included visiting you dear folks in blogland.

I love the pretty teapot that Melanie gifted toy with for our May Mini Teapot Swap.., So lovely; and those other generous giftie sound delightful also!

~(I shall have to post your swap gifts and links this coming week if I'm able)..,Thanks so much for your words of encouragement with regard to Blogger woes!

I'm 'over the moon' delighted to partake with your new Tuesday Tea Party venture and shall look forward to adding your link to our other 'Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland' links.., Welcome!

Thanks so much for joining us for TTTT and also for my 84th, Tuesday Tea For Two', blog parties. We always love having you join us!~ (Pam says she hopes to once again join in with the fun next week).


Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

P.S.~ Do you have a new Tuesday Tea blog button that I can post on my blog's sidebar specifically for your new tea party Trish" If so, I'd like to post on my blogs.

Jane said...

I need to try these. Thank you for sharing. Looks like some more good ideas on those links.

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

What a great post - and what delicious Tea Cakes! Thank you for sharing them with Let's Do Brunch. I've chosen your post as one of our featured posts this week, so do hope you will pop by and visit.

The Daily Smash said...

These look so yummy. Love your blog come and check out my blog

www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

Have a great day

 
Blogging tips