I love art.
One of my favorite artists is Gustav Klimt made famous for "The Kiss"
Another one of his well known works is called Mother and Child.
Here is my adaption, cupcake style.....
And here is the print....
I am pretty happy with how it turned out, considering I did it on a whim.
This is for my mom, Jan, who is truly a priceless masterpiece.
This is also for my two sisters Paula and Marla who are wonderful mothers.
And for all my friends both near and far who are mother's in one way or another....Happy Mother's Day. This one is for YOU too!
**For those of you who want to know how I made this:
1. Print Klimt picture
2. Trace onto wax paper
3. Roll out colored fondant
4. Cut your wax paper tracing into a "puzzle"
5. Lay pieces of the "puzzle" on colored fondant and cut out with exacto
6. A nice trick is to freeze rolled fondant briefly ~ cuts without tearing
7. I used wilton premade flesh tone, brown and black
8. Americolor markers save the day again for the outlining
9. Small flower sugar decorations colored with edible marker
10. A dusting of pixie dust is always good!
You can find the pixie dust and Americolor markers in my SWEET BOUTIQUE ~ click on the link in my header.
Linking up to these GREAT sites..
Miss Spenser's Tea Cup Thursday
Tidy Mom ~ I'm Lovin It!
TaterTots and Jello ~ Weekend Wrap Up Party
Someday Crafts ~ Mother's Day Party
Sweets on Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies Blog
Sweet Tooth Fridays!
Made by you Monday ~ Skip to my Lou ~