Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Tea in the Garden + Strawberry Lavender Buttercream on a Chocolate Cupcake YUM!

Hello friends.

While I would LOVE to be having tea in my garden this weekend, it has been so chilly in Minnesota that very little is in bloom.

So, I decided to bring the "garden" inside.




This afternoon Sophia and I enjoyed tea made more delightful by the addition of chocolate cupcakes with strawberry lavender buttercream.

I have to admit that I did I could eat this frosting all by itself. :)




Sophia and I often enjoy a tea service on Friday's after school.

It provides a nice time to recap the adventures of the week.

I treasure every moment.

I included a few pictures for sentiment.  I love memories!!

Can you spot our favorite tea friend, Ms. Paris Poodle??



Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage. 
~Catherine Douzel

While there is tea, there is hope.
~ Sr Aurthur Pinero



Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. 
Now tell me about hundreds of things. 
~Saki


Sophia wrote this note and took the picture while I was preparing the table.
We do hope you take the time for a nice tea!

And some Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Lavender Buttercream!

The hint of lavender was so divine.

Strawberry Lavender Buttercream

3 large strawberries or 1 1/2 tsp of Strawberry Extract (more or less to taste)
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream

1-2 tsp culinary lavender (depends on how strong you prefer)
Pink Food Coloring

In a food processor, pulse strawberries until pureed. Add in butter and vanilla, and about 2 cups of the sugar. Pulse until well combined. If using extract alone, add liquid to the butter, vanilla and 2 cups of sugar.


In a separate bowl microwave cream at 10 second intervals until it simmers, then place culinary lavender into cream and let steep for at least 10 minutes.

Strain the lavender from the cream.

Incorporate cream into mixture. Add in small amounts of powdered sugar, pulsing after each addition, to reach the desired consistency.
Tint to desired color.
Frosting should be smooth and soft, yet hold its shape.

For the Chocolate Cupcakes I proudly used a Pillsbury Chocolate Cake Mix and doctored it up with some cocoa, mayo and vanilla.

~ Don't Forget to enter my Tea Time Magazine Giveaway. Even if you already get the magazine I am sure you know someone who would be delighted to receive a surprise in the mail.

To visit the entry page click HERE!

~ This is my life having tea with my daughter and making some delicious cupcakes.
These are some of my favorites so far!!

Linking up with:


I am excited to be linking up with Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
for "Tea in the Garden" today.  Her tea blog is just lovely.

32 comments:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

I'm in love with this recipe! ...and Friday After-School Tea. What a sweet time together.

Googling "culinary lavender" now :)

Thanks for linking up with Sweets This Week!

Have a great weekend.

Sarah

Katherines Corner said...

What a lovely post. Your indoor tea garden is wonderful. I do enjoy a good cup of tea. The star gazer lilies are the perfect touch too.I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Hugs!

Unknown said...

What a sweet post! You are rocking the Tea world.

And can I take Sophia home with me?

Betzie said...

Everything is gorgeous! Would love to come to tea at your home! HPS!

Barbara F. said...

These cupcakes look too beautiful to eat! The frosting sounds divine. I will try these. I think the Friday After-School Tea is so charming and you are making wonderful memories with your little girl. My mom and I would have impromptu tea parties on rainy days, etc. The poodle reminds me of one my aunt had when I was a little girl. I used to love to just look at it when I was visiting her. xo,

Thepearsonfamilee said...

So beautiful and yummy looking!

Bernideen said...

Thank you Sophia and Trish! What a great job. I had a little girl like her once but now she is all grown up! What wonderful memories! Also, the recipe and photos are lovely!

Olivia said...

Oh my I love your darling tea party! Too cute! (My favorite part is the frosting too!)
Hugs,
Olivia

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Trish, and what a lovely tea party you have for us today! The tea cup is gorgeous and love those cupcakes! They are not only pretty but I'm sure yummy too. Thanks for sharing the recipe and have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

annies home said...

beautiful pictures the cupcakes look so tasy and super cute come see what I shared on my blog annies home @ http://shopannies.blogspot.com

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Your frosting recipe sounds lovely I will be trying it soon. Thanks for sharing it. The tea cup with the pink roses is the prettiest I have seen. Does it have a maker printed on the bottom?

Carolyn said...

Hi Trish,
Your teacup and flowers are so pretty together.I love the cupcakes too!
Thank you for your kind words on my blog.I am a follower now too.
Have a good weekend.
Carolyn

Tana Theisen said...

I look forward to reading this all the time...It looks so peaceful..what awesome mother daughter time...:)...and looks delish!!

Manni said...

Hi Trish
I love your post and your daughter is so cute!! Love tea time! Have you been to England? We used to have tea time twice a day!!! Each time in a new set!!!
You are truly a sweet person!!! Absolutely love your blog, I read each one! Thank you so much for your kind words, I could say the same about you. I took one look and I go to myself here is my baking buddy:)
I just became a new follower and can not wait to see more from you. Its too bad you live so far otherwise we would be talking about cupcakes the whole time. Pls keep in touch and any time you want to talk cupcake, you know where to find me:)
have a wonderful weekend :)
hugs
Manni

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

My daughters are grown up now but we've enjoyed tea together many times.
Your cupcakes look so pretty with the pink icing and your tea table for today is very nice.
Judith

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous Trish! Sophia is beautiful and I'm sure loves her tea time Fridays with you!!

LV said...

Wat a fun way to spend time with little ones. I would dearly love having one of those cupcakes.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for these lovely comments ~ I so appreciate the time it takes to leave them.

Unknown said...

Your cupcakes sound divine! My favorite memories involve afternoon tea with my mother. We still very much enjoy tea now that I'm an adult, but I cherish the memories I had when I was little. You've got one lucky little lady on your hands!

Amy said...

Your buttercream sounds romantic and beautiful, I bet it tastes just as wonderful. Love your indoor "garden". :) You have a very lovely tablescape. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

Amy
http://utry.it

Lynn said...

Very pretty, it looks like a special time indeed-enjoy:@)

Diann said...

What a pretty post! You tea setting is beautiful and those cupcakes look yummy! I think I will try this recipe. thank you for sharing it with us!

Stephanie said...

Friday afterschool tea. She will always remember that!! I take my granddaughters to tea everytime they visit. It's our special time.

Stephanie
aka luluscottage.blogspot.com (I have a pretty giveaway)

THE VERANDA HOUSE said...

HI TRISH I HAVE ENJOY MY VISIT TO YOUR LOVELY BLOG .TEA AND CUPCAKES,SOPHIA WILL REMEMBER FOR EVER MOM AND HER HAVING TEA .YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL MOTHER..I JUST THINK YOUR LOVELY PINK AND GOLD TE CUP IS DARLING......XO XO SANDRA

The Tablescaper said...

This looks so wonderful and delicious.

Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Lisa said...

What a delicious frosting flavor and that pink color is so girly and pretty. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

Kathy said...

Oh, I will have to try this - looks and sounds marvelous - just adore Lavender - we were on the same wavelength - I feel another pitcher of lavender lemonade coming on! What a sweet girl and the note is precious!
Thanks for your visit - that fountain was a Mother's Day gift from my husband - he is such a dear - I love hearing the sounds of the fountain in my garden,
Hope you have a marvelous week,
Kathy

MyCakeSchool.com said...

Okay, you've inspired me--my daughter and I are having a tea party this afternoon, lol!! :0) -- Loved your sweet post, and your daughter is just adorable!

Leave a Legacy said...

Beautiful tea party! That buttercream frosting sounds delicious!

Jocelyn said...

What a lovely tea setting. And the buttercream recipe sounds so delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Thank you so much for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday. These cupcakes are beautiful!

Kim McCallie said...

These are absolutely beautiful. I love them! I'd like to invite you to share your recipes on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-8.html

 
Blogging tips