Monday, May 2, 2011

Tea Time Tuesday ~ Whimsy Spring Cupcakes and Raspberry Sparkle Tea Sandwiches


Welcome to the 2nd Tea Time Tuesday!


Recently I went to lunch with my dear friend and neighbor, Kim.

I am lucky to live right next door to one of the most caring, gentle and kindhearted people I have ever known. Kim is an amazing wife and mother to FOUR wonderful boys. I have given her the nickname, “Madame Milky White Skin” as she is such a beauty.



As luck would have it she has her own blog, Notes from the Homestead which is full of great recipes and inspiration. Check it out by clicking on the link above.

I also have to take this opportunity to THANK HER AGAIN, for my cupcake cookie jar that she hand painted.  It is a real treasure to me and such a happy reminder of our special friendship.

This past week, we lunched at the Mad Hatter Tea Room in Anoka, MN. This little town has a delightful main street filled with antique shops and whimsical boutiques, not to mention my home away from home, the Mad Hatter!

The charming shops were calling to us (of course!) and I am so glad that I happened upon this little teacup that needed a new home!




I was instantly drawn to the feeling of spring this little treasure evoked in me!


I particularly like the BEE!! I often call our daughter, Sophia Rose, our very own Queen Bee so I knew we had to have this!!



The little “feet” on this cup are also super cute!  So is Sophia!! 

I think drinking ones morning juice out of a pretty teacup makes the start to the school day SO MUCH BETTER!!

Recently I made these whimsy bee cupcakes and I have to say they are some of my favorites so far.










CUTE!

Inspiration for these little gems came from Hello Naomi's Flickr Stream - I find such great inspiration looking at cupcake photos on flickr.


For Tea Time Tuesday this week, I wanted to include an easy spring tea sandwich and considering that I am the Queen Bee of FAST and FANCY, this little gem was perfect for me!



Raspberry Sparkle Tea Sandwiches


I remember seeing this in the Pink Princess Cookbook by Barbara Beery and it was so easy that I was able to eyeball it once and keep the simple steps by memory!!




RASPBERRY SPARKLE TEA SANDWICH:
1. Your favorite bread cut into desired shapes
2. Cream Cheese, softened
3. Raspberry Preserves
4. Fresh, cleaned raspberries
5. Crystal Sugar Sprinkles


Combine cream cheese and raspberry preserves. I used 6 oz cream cheese to 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves. Spread over bread and top with fresh raspberries. 
Next, sprinkle with crystal sugar sprinkles!


Now that is FAST and FANCY!

What kind of tea and treats do you enjoy in the spring?

I notice that I prefer more floral and berry flavored teas this time of year.

This is my life in whimsy bee cupcakes, and Tea Time Tuesday!

I am proud to be linking up to the following sites:


Hoosier Homemade ~ Cupcake Tuesday!
Pink Saturdays!
~ Trish

21 comments:

Paula said...

Trisha, You just gave me the best idea for serving my morning beverages. Thanks! I love that idea and sandwiches are going to make my Mother's Day brunch extra special for my girlfriends! Keep the ideas flowing! You are a true gift!

Unknown said...

How cute are these?
Love them, and I love the cute picture of Sophia!

Anonymous said...

Oh that little cup is adorable! I love the bee and the sweet little feet on the cup bottom.

The raspberry sparkle tea sandwiches are so cute! Love them.
Tammy

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there once again Trish,

Oh my!.., Such a charming tea party with your friend, dear little one, sweets, fabulous cuppies and refreshments; love that teacup as well!

Thanks also for taking part with TTTT and also with my
81st, Tuesday Tea For Two.., We always love having you join in the fun with us!..,

Pam was much improved when they left for home last week; I'm delighted to be back in the swing of things once again with my own blogs as well!..,

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

Anonymous said...

From Mom....Every Tuesday I think of you and wished I lived next door to share your fast & fancy treats along with a lovely cup of tea with you. You are amazing with your enthusiasm, creative flair, caring & loving self. If I could sit across the porch from God I would thank Him for giving YOU to ME! Oh, what a lucky Mom I have been to have been blessed with 3 most beautiful daughters. Love You....Your Mom

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Trish,
What a delightful tea! Love your little tea cup! Your cupcakes are just adorable and filled with imagination. The raspberry sparkle sandwiches are so cute and I bet they are delish too! Thanks for joining me for tea today. My green teacup was one I had won in a Giveaway from Amy at Vintage Pocelain Art -http://vintageporcelainart.blogspot.com/
She handpainted it. It's lovely, isn't it? Everyone comments on it. Wishing you a pretty day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

Your new tea cup and saucer are magical! But your daughter is even more special! She is adorable!
The sandwiches look very yummy, I will have to remember these to make.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Terri

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your teacup and the saucer are gorgeous. What a special design and the little feet are such a perfect touch. You daughter is precious, love that sweet smile. The cupcakes and treats look amazing. You have such a talent. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

♥ Miss Tea said...

loveee your footed teacup and sophia is super cute!!! and you're so blessed to have a such a sweet neighbor, i wish i had a neighbor like that!! the raspberry sparkle tea sandwiches are delish as well as the bee cupcake! adorable post! x Susan

Fábio Carvalho said...

I love your teacup with the bee. So much fun!
what a sweet girl you have!
best wishes,
Fábio

Kathy said...

Lovely teacup - love the bee too - it is beautiful! Your daughter is adorable - the sweets - oh, my they look amazing!
Thank you for sharing this with A Return to Loveliness,
God Bless,
Kathy

Unknown said...

Hi Trish! Nice viewing your blog! Your teacup is incredibly cute, yet pales by comparison, to your adorable daughter! What a lovely spot you have! Have a great week! sunny109

Anjali said...

Sophia is the sweetest sweet on this page :) So adorable...I am sure juice tastes as good as tea in that beautiful teacup. Cupcakes are cute and raspberry sandwiches are so appetizing.

The Tablescaper said...

Sooo cute. Love the touch of the sugars.

- The Tablescaper

Notes from the Homestead said...

Oh, my.... I am so flattered! I sure do feel the love! I am the lucky one to have you in my life! I adore ya girl!!!

Warm hugs...
K

Unknown said...

AAHHHH....I am so glad you linked up again!
YOU are so sweet to always check on me! :0)

Love these!

The Tablescaper said...

I'd love to have you join us at Seasonal Sundays this Sunday, particularly since it's Mother's Day.

Thanks for your comment on my tea pots for a royal breakfast. I've since posted a lot more of our royal breakfast and thought you might like to come back and take a look.

- The Tablescaper

Unknown said...

What a lovely neighbour. And I love the cup (cute feet) and Sophie is super pretty

Love Dawn xx

HoosierHomemade said...

What an adorable post! And I LOVE the cupcakes! You are quite lucky to have such a great neighbor.
Thanks for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz

Snap said...

Wonderful tea cup. So unusual and dainty. Sophie is lovely and the cupcakes ... yum!

The Tablescaper said...

Hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Thank you for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

 
Blogging tips