My name is Trish and this blog is dedicated to the study of everything that is sweet....cupcakes are my favorite but I also love decorative cookies, cakes and other whimsical desserts. Simply put, it makes me happy.
People often ask me how I find the time to bake and decorate and explore this world of confectionery bliss. My answer......"How can I NOT, find the time?"
Yes, it is true, I am a wife...a mother...a daughter, a sister, a friend and a Physician Assistant at a busy medical practice and despite all of this I will always make time to dream of my next cupcake decoration.
Why??? Easy. It's Therapy.
I would like to take the opportunity to introduce you to some of my "therapists" over the next few posts along with the work they have inspired in me and others.
These women are some of the most amazing decoraters, bakers and Internet ROCKSTARS in the world of cupcakes, cookies and cakes. I wish I lived next door to these awesome ladies.
They, however, probably feel otherwise. It would borderline on stalking. :)
This is the only still shot from her website because all of her other "pictures" are videos. Melissa operates an amazing online "school" for cake decorators. Amateurs accepted...look at ME! I will never forget clicking on her icon when I was blog surfing.....I was hooked!
Melissa and I meet for therapy whenever I need it. She is awesome that way.
What a great therapist! I just log on to her site and begin my "session".
Thanks Melissa. I hope you don't mind that I violated Doctor, patient confidentiality...he he!
*A printed picture of Lucy cut out. Or, if you are above awesome and will have my adoration for years and years, make your own out of fondant/gum paste!!
1. Either use pre-colored fondant or color your own. I used pre-made Wilton yellow and Americolor brown to tint my white fondant brown for the bottom. Save a bit of white for the "IN" part of the sign if you want.
2. Use the end of a paintbrush to burr a little hole into the top part of the brown sign
3. Use the same end of the paintbrush to push a little hole into the bottom part of the yellow sign
4. Cut off lollipop sticks to desired length
5. Whip up some sugar glue or use light Karo for glue and lightly dab the "glue" into the holes you just made. Insert sticks into bottom sign first.
6. Next, push the top part (yellow) of the sign into the sticks you just put into the bottom part (brown). Make sure not to push the sticks through.
7. Use black edible ink (Americolor ROCKS) and write on the top: "PSYCHIATRIC HELP. On the bottom, "THE DOCTOR IS IN". You can write IN right on the brown or use a bit of white fondant/gum paste if you chose and attach it with a dab of sugar glue.
8. Next find a colored picture of lucy you like. Print it and cut out Lucy. I attched her to a lollipop stick with some tape and VOILA. I downloaded the picture I used from the interent from here:
Coming up I will featuring several of the ladies you see in my BLOG list, with giveaways in their honor! Stay tuned for Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and a COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY of course! What makes you happy?