Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Tea Party Ideas ~ Pumpkin Spice Tea Sandwiches and Spooky Pumpkin Tassies

Happy Tea Party Tuesday!

The links last week were amazing.
I enjoy so much what everyone brings to the
Tea Party and try to visit each and every one of you.


As I stated last week, I have been obsessed
interested in the endless possibilities 
of using the mini fillo tart shells! 



Last week I offered a great recipe for



I was thrilled to see how popular it was!

This week my inspiration came from 
picking pumpkins and decorating for fall.

The simple, yet elegant, snacks this week
are sure to please anyone you plan to host
for a Fall Tea Party.

First in the line up is
Pumpkin Spice Tea Sandwich


I found this sitting on the shelves at Target and just
knew I had to make something with it!!

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese!!!

What you need:
*Brown Sugar Cinnamon Bread (Pepperidge Farm)
*Pumpkin Cookie Cutter (Wilton)
*Pumpkin Pie Spice Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
*Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
*Regular Cream Cheese
*Green Food Coloring
*Toasted Pecans
*Piping bags (optional)
*Wilton piping tip 10 and 3 (optional)

**I am sure you could make your own version of the pumpkin spice cream cheese using regular cream cheese and adding 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice and a touch of orange food coloring!!

The How-to ~~This is EASY:
*Cut out pumpkin shapes from bread
*Place pumpkin pie spice cream cheese in bowl and add additional 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (if desired) and 1/4 cup toasted pecans and whip together. 
*Place  regular cream cheese in small bowl and add a touch of green food coloring and whip together
*If desired, place pumpkin pie spice cream cheese mixture into piping bag with wilton #10 piping tip and pipe small amount onto pumpkin shaped bread - or just spread on with knife
*Using piping bag with wilton #3 tip, if desired, pipe green cream cheese onto top of pumpkin in shape of stem or spread on with knife



The next easy and fun tasty tea time treat is

Spooky Pumpkin Tassies



What you need:
 *mini fillo tart shells
*1 can premade pumpkin pie filling (or make your own)
*4 oz cream cheese, softened
*whipped cream
*baking chocolate or chocolate candy wafers for melting
*piping bag with wilton #1 or #2 tip or plastic squeeze bottle

The How-to: 
*preheat oven to 350 degrees
*thaw mini fillo tart shells
*mix can of pumpkin pie filling and 4 oz softened cream cheese
* spoon 1 tsp of filling into tart shells
*bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 min, times may vary

*to make the spider webs, melt chocolate and pipe little mini webs onto wax paper and let harden

*to assemble - pipe a dollop of whip cream onto top of tassie and place chocolate spider web on top!

VIOLA! 



I stumbled upon the original idea for these on the  Athens Site  
awhile ago but for the life of me could 
NOT find the direct link again!! 

Simple, yet elegant cream teapot I got from Kirklands!!


I am enjoying these treats with the 
creamy and smooth
from my favorite Minnesota Tea Room, Aprille Showers!



What are YOU bringing for Tea this week??

I am having tea with:
TEA, INSPIRATION & TABLESCAPES:  

OTHER FUN SWEETS/FOOD and CRAFT LINK PARTIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
 Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday Jam Hands Recipe Share Monday Mangia MondaysTUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday  Handmade Tuesday  Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday  Time Out Tuesday  Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAY Cast Party Wednesday Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday Let's Do Brunch Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks Gooseberry PatchTHURSDAYArtsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week  Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY: Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday  Sassy Sites Friday Fun  Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative   Sundae Scoop




34 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Hi Trish! I'd like to bring myself right over to your tea party! I love pumpkin cream cheese, I buy it every year at this time from Wegman's, I actually made my own one time. These tea time treats are yummy. ((hugs)) xo

Antiques And Teacups said...

The food is perfect! I love the tassies...will have to make them this week! Have never seen the pumpkin cream cheese. Amazing!
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Can I just say - YUM!!! I love pumpkin and this sounds absolutely marvelous! Oh - but I have been in so much pain cheating as I've done in the gluten department over the past couple of months - stress driving me to comfort food come what may. Yeah, well, my aching joints wish I'd made other comfort plans. Detox mode, now, but I am dreaming of a gluten free Thanksgiving . . .
Joy!
Kathy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Trisha,
Your tea looks delicious and fun, as always. I love pumpkin so your tassies are sure to please this gal. The teapot is lovely! Thanks for sharing and joining me for tea. Have a wonderful week, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Darling tassies...and perfect for an October tea. I'll bring brownies :)

MsFoxsSweets said...

Wow Trisha! You have outdone yourself with two wonderful ideas! I will be searching harder than ever for those Fillo shells now! Thanks for hosting!

My Little Home and Garden said...

Trisha,
Popping by your blog certainly is eye-opening, as
pumpkin spice cream cheese is definitely new to me. I bet it was delicious! I'd better pass for now, though, after consuming Thanksgiving goodies for the last couple of days! Where, oh, where has my waistline gone...
-Karen

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

It's all tasty, Trish and that's a beautiful pot too. Thank you for linking up at Joy of Desserts. :-) Have a great day.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Trisha, Your little pumpkin sandwiches are just precious! I did not know Philly Cream Cheese made such a yummy version!
I too am fascinated with phyllo cups! I make my own and the are easy and so delicious.
Here is the link if you are interested: http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2011/05/salmon-mousse-stuffed-phyllo-cups.html.

I am having a birthday tea for a dear friend at the end of October. I'll post it and join in your wonderful linky party!
Yvonne

Lisa said...

If my 16 year old pumpkin loving son could find a way to your house, those pumpkin treats would be LONG GONE! He would have no trouble with sitting down to tea (in his stinky work out clothes) if these were on the menu.
Lisa

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Trisha, both of your treats sound perfect for a Fall tea! I wish we could share them together in person. What fun that would be!

Micupoftea said...

Voila, indeed!!!! Great post, everything looks delicious, Trisha~ How festive and tasty. Thanks for hosting this party :)

Kathy said...

Hello Trisha,
My you're creative! I am so inspired...taking notes and will probably use some of your wonderful recipes for our Christmas Party! I thoroughly enjoy my visit to your blog each time. That teapot is elegant! Great find! Thank you for hosting and I hope you have a blessed week,
Kathy

Two Minute Takes said...

I'm so hoping that my grocery stores carry this cream cheese spread! Those sandwiches are adorable, what a nice little appetizer to serve at a Halloween party or Fall dinner. And oh my, those tarts...how many am I allowed to have please?!

Wanda Lee said...

Dearest Trisha,

What a delight as always. ~ I can hardly wait each week to see what you'll post next and you never disappoint! Such adorable Halloween fun and so utterly yummy looking too..,Ummm!

Thanks for hosting and love that magnificent teapot!

Hugs, Wanda lee

Marie said...

Oh Trisha - I would love to reach out and grab one of those pumpkin tea sandwiches. Gotta test out that recipe at my next tea party! Happy Tea Tuesday!
-Marie

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Trisha,
thank you for sharing the recipes of this yummy looking little treats. The are perfect for Halloween.
Best greetings, Johanna

Melissa Diamond said...

Lovvvvvely!! Nobody told me that Pumpkin Cream Cheese spread existed! I must investigate this, and am loving your recipes. I need to make pumpkin tassies!!

The Charm of Home said...

What a delightful bunch of treats! The pumpkin spice cream cheese sounds very good! Thanks for hosting!
Sherry

Snap said...

Trish, you've done it again! Pumpkin spice cream cheese ... who knew?!!!! Happy Tea Day!

Wanda Lee said...

Dear Trish,

(I came by earlier also).., It just gets yummier looking each time;I'm hungry now!

I do hope you'll come by and have a spot of tea and link up to our parties this week also; we always so enjoy having you!

Hugs, WL

judee said...

I love the pumpkin tea sandwiches . What a great idea. This week I linked an idea for a peanut butter and banana roll up for kids.. Thanks for hosting

Terri said...

Delicious! Oh my but you make me so powerfully hungry! Each dessert is eye candy as well as, I am sure, very tasty! You are so very talented!
The tea pot is gorgeous as well...what? No tea cup??? Do you just drink from the spout???
(I do so hope you know I am being silly Lol!).
Hugs to you,
Terri

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Trisha
I was unable to link for tea this week but love what you've made. I'm going to see if we have the pumpkin spice cream cheese in our grocery store, it sounds so yummy. I never remember to use my cookie cutters to make sandwiches - great idea!
Judith

Notes from the Homestead said...

How fun it would be to host a Halloween tea! Hmmmm, you got me think girly! Thanks for the wonderful, easy, cute, FAB treats!

Beth said...

Your pumpkin sandwiches and your new teapot are adorable,Trish!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Trisha! I just discovered your site! What a great blog you have!! I am glad to link up and show my teapot cake! I am your newest follower; and I hope you will follow me too! God bless you!

Unknown said...

Oh my, these look divine! You did a bang up job on those tassies! Would you link up with my linky party, Creative Me Monday? It's open all week long and I'd love to have you. Here's the link:

http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/10/creative-me-monday_09.html

Hope to see you there!
Jenny

Sugar Swings said...

love the pumpkin sandwiches!!!

Kathy said...

Absolutely delicious! I am so loving all the recipes you share - so very creative! Thank you for sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
God Bless,
Kathy

gammajan said...

Yum! What a delicious fall treat!

Chris said...

Hi Trisha, thank you for sharing all those delightful fall treats. I think I'll come over to your house now and sample them, LOL I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Angela McRae said...

Yummo -- all these great ideas! (Sorry to be leaving so many comments, but I am catching up and want to be sure I haven't missed anything!)

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious, will have to try this out!

tea party ideas

 
Blogging tips