Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What you can learn from CoCo Chanel and other Winners!


I love strong women.


A favorite lady of mine is Coco Chanel.
Photo Credit

She is one of those people, I think of
when asked...if you could have dinner with someone famous, alive or dead, who would it be.....?





I like her style, her moxie, her sassy strut 
and thoughts on life.

These are some of my favorite quotes from
Coco Chanel that inspire me.

"My life didn't please me, so I created my life" 

"Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them" 

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must be different."

"How many cares one loses when one decides not 
to be something but someone." 

"Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door." 


I call on them at times when I need a 
kick in the pants reminder that 
life is what I choose to make it.

I chose to make Coco Chanel inspired cupcakes.





Coco Chanel is definitely a winner....are YOU?


       "LOVE your little pencils you made! Too cute!!! 
And I'm a follower =o)"
 Via random.org
Thank YOU Erin!!

Congrats on winning the 
Americolor Markers and 
Christmas Cookie Craft Book!





Thanks to everyone who left a comment!


Sharing Chanel with:



 Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday Jam Hands Recipe Share Monday Mangia MondaysTUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday  Handmade Tuesday  Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday  Time Out Tuesday  Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYCast Party Wednesday Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday Let's Do Brunch Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick CooksTHURSDAY Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week  Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY: Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday  Sassy Sites Friday Fun  Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative   It's a Blog Party

24 comments:

MsFoxsSweets said...

Such beautiful cupcakes Trish! Congrats Erin on winning!

Barbara F. said...

Congratulations to Erin, and these cupcakes are so beautiful. Always too pretty to eat. CoCo would love them. xo

Micupoftea said...

Congrats Erin~

Anna at the Doll House said...

These look too good to eat.

Anna

Gloria said...

Clicking over from Tea Diary- great post with attitude and inspiration, cupcakes look great!

Lisa said...

Don't know much about Coco, but now I am interested. Thanks for giving me some words of wisdom to mull over today. Your cuppies are perfection as usual. In fact, I have cuppie envy - spent yesterday making some that were underwhelming. I overfill, I underfill, I spill, I drip, I make a mess.
Lisa

Darlene - The Tea Enthusiast's Scrapbook said...

Hi Trish,

Your cup cakes are absolutely fabulous! Coco Chanel all the way! You have amazing talent!

Thanks for sharing a few of Coco's quotes. Just the inspiration I need today to finish a fashion inspired project I have been working on.

Blessings, Darlene

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Trisha
Amazing cupcakes and congrats to Erin for winning!
Judith

Two Minute Takes said...

Yeah for Erin! I adore your little CoCo cookies. One of the women I truly admire is Audrey Hepburn, her acting yes, but *her* especially.

Unknown said...

Beautiful1 I love CC too!

Jacqueline said...

Coco cupcakes - how fashionable. I love them. I think I am creating my life everyday! What a great thought.

Erin said...

Yeah for me!!! Thank you so much! I tried to email you back but it's not letting me. Can you send me your email address and I can give you my contact info. (I don't want to leave it here). Again, thank you so much!!!!

Vanesa said...

Congrats for winning Erin.
Coco is a great woman indeed. :)

Vanesa
http://the-bel.com

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Congrats! Those cup cakes look yummy. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Mary Bergfeld said...

This was a wonderful post. I enjoyed your reflection on Channel, but was especially impressed that you were able to make cupcakes stylish:-). They are beautiful. Have a great day. Blessings...MAry

Angela McRae said...

How funny that you would create these RIGHT NOW when I have suddenly decided that having a quilted Chanel bag is on my fashion Bucket List! Love-love-love these cupcakes. Very original!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

And all these years later, she is still not outdated, she is still a classic. You picked some great quotes.

The Outlaw Mom said...

O.M.G. - these are TO DIE FOR! How absolutely, incredible cute are your cupcakes?!!! (Can you tell I like them and love Chanel?) Thanks for sharing these awesome goodies!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

My Share of Pink, have a fabulous weekend!

CailinMarie said...

Indeed! I adore Coco but haven't heard many of those quotes. Thank you. And do you sell those cupcakes because that is what I want for my birthday (in December) and I'm quite sure my otherwise talented hubby isn't up to it.

The Artful Diva said...

Do the Chanel cup cakes smell as good as they look?!

Alycia Nichols said...

Spot on quotes!!! LOVE that! I am going to have to remember the 1st and 4th ones! BEAUTIFUL cupcake designs!!! You possess quite a talent!

Kathy said...

Hey! This is marvelous! Congratulations to the winner! I love your creativity. I have been wondering about the movie about Coco - whether it is good and true to her life.
This makes me want to investigate further!
Hope you're having a wonderful day,
Kathy

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Just found your blog and I love it! So pretty and great content. I will need to do some catching up now.
My oldest daughter is named Coco after Coco Chanel and my youngest is named Gabrielle after Coco's real name. I too love Coco she is my favorite clothing designer. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

 
Blogging tips