Monday, September 19, 2011

Nutty Ham and Cheese Acorn Tea Sandwiches for Tea Party Tuesday!

Happy Tea Party Tuesday!

Boy oh boy do I need a cup of tea.

These past few weeks have been NUTS!
Which inspired these little fall delights for your 
Tea Party enjoyment!

Nutty Ham and Cheese 
Acorn Shaped
Tea Sandwiches




The pecan brown butter on top (and inside) is DIVINE!

I could eat all 6....and I did. 

With a little help from Sophia and James. 

Tea Sandwich

1 recipe for Pecan Brown Butter - see below
24 slices of pumpernickel bread cut into acorn shapes with cutter
24 slices of Virginia Ham cut into acorn pieces
12 slices deli-sliced fontina cheese, cut into acorn shapes

Spread Pecan Brown Butter onto once slice of bread and layer 2 slices of ham and 1 slice of cheese.
Top with bread.
Spread 1 tsp Pecan Brown Butter onto top third of sandwich to resemble an acorn cap

Pecan Brown Butter

1/2 cup butter, soft
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 T honey

In small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and continue to cook until butter begins to brown and has a nutty aroma. (6-8 minutes)
Remove from heat and strain - discard any solids.
Let sit at room temperature until set, approximately 1 hour.
Add pecans and honey, stirring to combine.
Use immediately or store covered in refrigerator for up to 5 days.


For a printable recipe click HERE!


Yummy little acorns!


Remember the amazing RS Prussia Teapot that
my Mom gave me for my birthday?

Well, a Teapot without a Teacup is like 
Thelma without Louise 
around here, so...

This cup did not have a mark on the bottom.....I named her, GLORIOUS!


Taaaaaa  Daaaaaa!

Stunning isn't she?

THANKS MOM!!

This week, I am brewing the most lovely tea called 
Evening in Florence.

It is truly one of my all time favorites.
I purchased it from a wonderful Tea Room called
Aprille Showers not to far from my home.

To visit her online store click Here!

What are you sharing for tea this week...link up below!

Sharing some tea and nuts with:

TEA, INSPIRATION & TABLESCAPES:  

OTHER FUN SWEETS/FOOD and CRAFT LINK PARTIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
 Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday Jam Hands Recipe Share Monday Mangia MondaysTUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday  Handmade Tuesday  Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday  Time Out Tuesday  Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAY Cast Party Wednesday Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday Let's Do Brunch Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks Gooseberry PatchTHURSDAYArtsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week  Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY: Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday  Sassy Sites Friday Fun  Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative   Sundae Scoop




I am excited to see what YOU are bringing for TEA!




41 comments:

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Those are adorable! That's a great idea to get picky kids to eat :) Thanks so much for hosting!

Snap said...

Trisha, your acorns are mouth watering and Glorious is certainly GLORIOUS!!!!! Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Trisha, your sandwiches are amazing, as are the Coco Chanel cupcakes below. Actually, you always amaze me with the goodies you come up with for your Tea every week. Love the teacup! It is simply glorious! Thanks for sharing, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ellen Zames said...

Thank you for hosting. I linked up my Cinnamon roll Cookies

Ellen

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Oh wow, these are so delicious looking. The pumpernickle was a stroke of genius! Your "nuttiness" made me smile. Glad to hear you are taking some time for a cup of tea - got to recharge from time to time to keep the creative juices flowing.
Lisa

MsFoxsSweets said...

You are amazing with your cute little tea party goodies! These acorn sandwiches are super cute! My 3 year old calls acorns, "coconuts"! I may have to make her one of these cute little coconut sandwiches :) Thanks for hosting!

Beth @HungryHappenings said...

So cute, I love them!

Beth @ Hungry Happenings

Two Minute Takes said...

Such a delightful little sandwich (very creative) for a tea party Tuesday. Love your new cup and saucer and Glorious is the perfect name for it. Goes very well with these sandwiches too :)

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Lovely teacup. Such a cute idea for little tea sandwiches. We're both in the same club for the last several weeks being NUTS. Wishing you some better days ASAP. Take care. :-)

The Charm of Home said...

Your tea sandwiches are delightful! I like your teacup too! Thanks for having us over!
Sherry

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Trisha
Those are the cutest little sandwiches! I will have to make them for my next tea, thanks for sharing them.
The new 'Glorious' teacup is just that, your Mom's not spoiling you, is she? :-)
Judith

Barbara F. said...

Those are adorable acorns. I had a little something to link up today. :) xo,

Tea & Chocolate Guy said...

Trish ... sorry I haven't visited lately .. its been a little hectic at the HHL household ... so I'm trying to catch up on my reading and visits. First Happy belated birthday to you and your Nana (I know she remains close by ... and is most proud, of the kind woman you are).. your posts and your mother's comment had me smiling and crying at the same time. What a blessing to have two strong and obviously warm hearted women to look up to!! ...

Your acorn sandwiches look and sound delish! I'm also swooning over your tea pot and now companion tea cup!! wishing you a beautiful week, xo HHL

P.S. all your family photos were beautiful xo

Diann said...

Hi trisha! It is my first time linking up. I love your teacup! It is gorgeous! And those sandwiches are just too cute! Thank you for hosting.

Anonymous said...

Well, Trish! Aren't you the clever one! What sweet acorn tea sandwiches - I'd eat them all, too! And a perfect name for your cup - Glorious, indeed!

Joy!
Kathy

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

OMGoodness, those acorn sandwiches are the cutest things ever!! Wish I could share a plateful with you. I'll bring the pumpkin scones!!! The tea sounds wonderful.

Zuni said...

Trish...Glorious she absolutely is. In fact, she might be the fairest of all! And the tea sandwiches are beautiful! Acorns--of course! Why didn't I think of that? :) I'm following you; please visit when you have a minute to get acquainted.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

What a yummy treat! And they look so cute!

Unknown said...

How super adorable!!!

VintageMom said...

So cute! Perfect for the fall season. I can see my little boys hiding these under their beds for later, just like real squirrels :)

Lisa @ Allergy Free Vintage Cookery

Darlene - The Tea Enthusiast's Scrapbook said...

Hi Trish,

Stunning presentation! These acorn sandwiches look delicious and perfect for a fall picnic. You're so creative!

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings, Darlene

The Better Baker said...

Thank you Trisha for hosting another fun week. Your acorn sandwiches are simply adorable! I linked up my luscious cream cheese coffeecake. Enjoy your week...and tea. *_*

the decorated cookie said...

This is my perfect sandwich. Just posted a link on Edible Crafts cuz this is my perfect sandwich.

Angela McRae said...

I should warn you that a certain tea-sandwich-loving blogger may be copying your idea VERY soon! (With credit, of course!) And that teacup ... oh my stars, that is amazing!

Zaa said...

"Gorgeous "indeed .. such a beauty and those acorn sandwiches look fabulous YUMMY ... I would eat them all too ( ha Ha).. Delightful post...Thanks...Hugs

laurie said...

Your sandwiches are adorable!

a quiet life said...

those are so cute!

Sugar Swings said...

yum! i could eat like a dozen of these! so cute :)

Wanda Lee said...

Dearest Trish,

You outdo yourself each and every week. Just adorable tea sandwiches and my oh my!..,That teacup is beyond exquisite!

Happy Tuesday Tea's and have a marvelous week!

Hugs, Wanda Lee

kyleen said...

That tea cup is absolutely gorgeous! I don't drink tea, but I might have to start if I get a teacup as cute as yours. Happy Tuesday!

I'm sharing my post Crepes Filled with Lemon Basil Berries.

Cares and Mimi said...

Oh my gracious! I am over the moon for your acorn sandwiches! I am such an acorn girl! Divine :)

Sharing my caramel sauce today! Have a great week - Cares

Kathy said...

These look marvelous! You are so clever! I'd love to give this a try!
Thank you for hosting and for sharing your wonderful post with A Return to Loveliness!
God Bless,
Kathy

DANIELLE said...

UR THE FIRST POST AT WONKA WEDNESDAY! U ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THESE R JUST THE CUTEST!!!!!!

Marilyn said...

This is awesome.. I LOVE IT…Found ya on hop and officially following ya with smiles..Hope you get a sec to stop in & say hello..:)) I have a fall inspired blog party going on and would LOVE for you to link this awesome piece to it today ) TY http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-crawl-day-5-blog-party.html

Chubby Chieque said...

Your a lucky star.

Awesomeness...

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those are as cute as can be, and the sound delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us.

XO,

Sheila

Ashlee Marie said...

Such pretty sandwiches! I'm featuring them as the treat of the week on Topsy Turvy Tuesday's! Thanks for linking up!

Selena Ze Arteest said...

What a beautiful link party place!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your tea sandwiches looks so yummy and cute! Thanks for sharing the recipe and I love, love the tea cup. Thank you for hosting and having me. Hugs, FABBY

beti said...

they are very pretty! and they kinda look like a paw

http://bitstreats.blogspot.com/

Kitchen Benchtops said...

This looks amazing and your description makes me know that I have to try it. Thanks for another wonderful recipe!

 
Blogging tips