Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oscar Cupcakes, Cookies and Hollywood Themed Treats ~ Then and Now!




This post is packed with fun Oscar themed
ideas, so ready....set....GO!

Oscar Inspired Cupcake




This was made by piping melted chocolate and
covering in gold sprinkles!


Oscar Themed Peanut Butter Cookies


Edible Images on Fondant backed with Buttercream
on a Peanut Butter Roll-out Cookie!


Oscar Themed Cupcakes



Edible Images backed to Fondant and used as Cupcake Toppers!


 I purchased the printable from etsy and used
it with my Edible Printer. The download
can be purchased at PartyPrintz HERE!




I made these Hollywood themed
treats this summer for Sophia on her last day
of HOLLYWOOD CAMP!


Here is the star at Hollywood Camp




And now on to some Cookies!!


How about some EASY popcorn
box mini cookies!




I actually used a mini cupcake cookie cutter and cut out these
shapes from store bought snickerdoodle cookies.
I then frosted the mini shapes with buttercream.
Next, I took mini marshmallows and cut them in half
and placed on the top for the popcorn.
The "box" was made by taking some red fondant strips and placing 
them on top of the buttercream as shown. 
I finished the popcorn kernels by adding a tad of yellow with
an edible marker to make it look like butter!

Last year Oscar inspired cupcakes 
with bad lighting and my old camera....

Popcorn balls, Roses, Tuxedos, Red Dress, Paper Oscar Toppers, Champagne Bubbly


And some cookies from last year. 
This was my FIRST time with royal icing.




 I still suck at it. 
BUT, I keep trying!

Those cookies were inspired by
 Sweet Sugarbelle's gorgeous collection from last
year that you can view Here!

You also HAVE to check out these cool FREE
downloads at Twig and Thistle to create 
your own DIY Oscar Party!

3-D Oscar Printable Centerpiece

DIY Popcorn Boxes Printable

AMAZING!

For some additional fun Oscar Party Ideas
visit Tip Junkie HERE.


CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday   Mangia Mondays Mix it up MondaysTUESDAYTrick or Treat Tuesdays Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts  Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYTastetastic Thursday Sweet TemptationsTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAYPinterest Party Fun Stuff Fridays Freestyle Fridays Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie Friday KitchenFun3SonsWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative Sundae Scoop Pink Saturday

26 comments:

Brenda said...

Man, Trisha, you are so creative!! And it doesn't look like you suck at it. LOL! BEAUTIFUL!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!
Brenda

MsFoxsSweets said...

Everything is amazing as usual! Cupcakes, cookies, love them all, even your first royal icing cookies are great! This stuff should be served at the Oscars!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Wow, you have been baking up a storm dear lady.
You haven't seen bad royal icing until you've seen mine. LOL
Judith

Unknown said...

Okay that is just fun!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You are so clever! What a NEAT theme party idea!

And you do NOT suck at ANYTHING to do with baking and cookie decorating, so stop with that nonsense - these are brilliant.

Well done, very well done!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

What a great roundup. I love all your ideas. You're so creative!

Anonymous said...

You certainly do not *suck* at decorating with royal icing and you are an amazingly creative cookie and cupcake decorator! Your mini popcorn cookies are too cute...so is your little star Sophia!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Great refreshments for the Hollywood theme event. It shows your very creative side.

Angela McRae said...

Love the treats *and* your junior Hollywood Star! Fun!

Lisa said...

My goodness, you must really like watching the Oscars! Fun stuff.
Lisa

Unknown said...

You so do NOT suck. They're great. I have yet to try decorating cookies or anything with RI but m. Newbie at this (only been baking for 3 months). Feel free to say *I* suck, lol!

Oh, I so H.A.V.E. to buy edible ink cartridges, I can do plenty of thing I'd love to see on baked goods in Photoshop. If only I'd save some £'s and spend it on edible ink. I have to ask though, how do you clean the print rollers after switching from regular ink to edible? I'd be worried about contamination. I think that's the reason I haven't invested yet. I'm assuming you have a separate printer to combat this? I wish another printer was in my budget right now.

Keep on bakin',
-Lisa.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I love all of your creations!! You lucky family gets to reap the rewards!! I think the popcorn boxes are my favorites...so tiny & adorable.

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

Fun treats! I want o go to Hollywood Camp - sounds fun :).

Anonymous said...

Excuse me ... there is no "sucking" going on ... I say we roll out the red carpet!

The Style Sisters said...

Fun ideas!! You did an amazing job here!! Thanks for sharing you ideas with us.

Karin

Pink Little Cake said...

You are so creative! I love everything, hard to choose which is my favorite.

Aledia said...

Fun post!! You did a great job!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Aledia

Tea in Texas said...

You are so clever and I am happy to see the lovely Oscar cupcakes and cookies. Thanks for the source for the Oscar cutout. I love to visit you! Have fun watching the Oscars! Happy Tea Party! Pam

Unknown said...

Oh I think they look FABULOUS DARLING!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! You're a genius! And edible printer and paper?!?! What the heck! Where have I been. I want one!!!

momto8 said...

so cool...what great ideas!!

navygreen said...

Trisha, I love your Oscar sweets, and I'd be honored to have you link up your post to my Oscars linky party. Check it out!

http://lifesabatch.com/?p=1040

navygreen said...

Trisha, I love your Oscar sweets, and I'd be honored to have you link up your post to my Oscars linky party. Check it out!

http://lifesabatch.com/?p=1040

Sue said...

So many cute cupcakes, Trisha! Congrats on the feature at Cupcakes take the Cake!

Anonymous said...

Dis one is interesting :)

• Follow THE TECH STORE with 4000+ subscribers. :)

Beth said...

You are incredibly creative! Wow, wow, wow!!!! I plan to take a cake decorating class through adult ed soon. If I can make items half as classy as yours I'll be a success. Again, Trish, WOW!
God bless, Beth

 
Blogging tips