Friday, May 13, 2011

A Picture Post ~ Memories from Mother's Day Weekend 2011

Sorry, no cupcakes today...I have something much, much sweeter..........memories.


"Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again." 
~ Joseph Campbell


"To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give one's self..to have played and laughed with enthusiasm, and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...This is to have succeeded." 
~ Emerson


We can do no great things,
only small things with great love. 
~Mother Teresa


The true meaning of life is to plant trees,
under whose shade you do not expect to sit. 
~Nelson Henderson

We make a living by what we get,
but we make a life by what we give. 
~Winston Churchill


And she was fair as is the rose in May. 
 ~ Chaucer

Always be a first-rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. 
~Judy Garland

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." 
~ Joseph Campbell

Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.
I am thankful that thorns have roses.  
 ~ Kerr


SUNNY DAYS
Only count your sunny days
For they are the ones that matter
They are the ones that bring you joy
Upon your happiness platter
Fill your plate with all the smiles you can muster up
And when its full your smiles will flow into a matching cup
Take these days and store them away
for they will keep awhile
And when you're down and need a lift
You take them out and smile
~Written by My Amazing Mother, Jan Fosbinder February 14, 2000 ~
I love you so much Mom.

8 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Great poem, sweet photos! Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! xo,

♥ Miss Tea said...

ohhh love the photos, the tea room sign and the teapot is cute, she looks so adorable in every photos having a tea party! beautiful poem too!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

awesome post...cute clicks..
first time here..sure you have a lovely space with nice presentation ..
Am your happy follower now..:)
do stop by mine sometime..
Tasty Appetite

Anonymous said...

From Your Mom....How touched I am that you posted the poem that I had written so long ago for each of my girls. Tears came quickly and I gazed thankfully to the sky and said, "Thank You Lord for giving me this most wonderful daughter." You are the strongest, most couragous, loving, tender-hearted woman I will ever know. My love is always here to bring you shelter and remind you that you are NEVER ALONE.

Unknown said...

Oh great now I am teared up. What a picture perfect Mothers Day treat! Sophia is so cute!
And that poem...is just amazing. Thank you Trisha for sharing your special day and memory with us all!

Lady Linda said...

Precious!

Denise said...

My first visit with you ,I think.I'm also in the thurs. tea group.I loved your post.I posted one with my Granddaughter several months ago.Going out to tea,nothing like it.Please drop by for tea with me.

Denise said...

I'm now a follower,after you browes my profile and blog, maybe you could think about following me?FUN FUN FUN!

 
Blogging tips