Thursday, June 7, 2012

Vacation Cupcakes ~ Beach Themed!!



TURKS & CACIOS TREATS!!! 

Hmmmmmmmm let's see what have 
I been doing the past few months...

Finished a course of chemo for annoying brain tumor (blech!!)
Developed a pesky cardiac arrhythmia (fyi...not fun).
Had my heart burnt, then frozen to get rid of pesky condition.
Got bill for chemo and above cardiac procedure. (WHOA!)
Worked my day job.
Worked my night job as mom and wifey.
Worked my side job and friend, daughter and sister.
Co-chaired the first big fundraising event at my daughters school that hosted over 200 people & raised about $70,000 buckaroos
all the while letting my blog slide into an oblivion.....

I need a VACATION (and a cupcake)!!




And THAT is just what the doctor (me) ordered.....

10 days in Turks & Caicos with my family!!




oh Heaven......................

I am a tad excited.

These Cupcakes and Nutter Butter Flip Flops
are getting us in the mood for tropical bliss.

See you all when I get back....(IF I get on the return flight that is..)



The cupcake was made by using a vanilla cupcake topped with vanilla buttercream
and coconut flakes.  For the palm tree I used a pretzel stick and kiwi. This was tricky and
not as easy as it looks. I would not suggest making a bunch of these because the kiwi is not
very secure on the top of the pretzel once you cut the slits in it to make it look like a palm tree.
. I could have trimmed it up a bit to make it more stable, looking back. I would suggest pressing it into a paper towel to dry the kiwi out as much as you can before placing on the pretzel.  I secured it to the pretzel with a dab of frosting but royal icing might have been better..just want to give you the best insight if you decide to make these for yourself!  The flip flops were super easy and made with milano cookies and decorated w/ frosting, small fondant flower and sugar pearls as you see. The "sand" was crushed up graham crackers!!! Oh FUN! Let me know if you make these!!


Sharing with:


CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday  Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday  Mangia Mondays Mix it up MondaysTUESDAYTrick or Treat Tuesdays Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts  Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYTastetastic Thursday Sweet TemptationsTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAYPinterest Party Fun Stuff Fridays Freestyle Fridays Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative 


23 comments:

Lisa said...

Have a fantastic time on your vacation, and try to slow down a little girl!
XO,
Lisa

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You are amazing.

I get a teeny bit sick and wallow in self pity and don't even bother cooking dinner....

YOU, on the other hand chair a huge and successful fund raiser, make the prettiest sweets and go on an exotic vacation - wow...all after the month you just had?

See? You really are truly amazing.

Have a wonderful time, you SO SO SO
deserve it.

Unknown said...

Have an amazing trip, I'm so jealous! take it easy and enjoy the relaxation.

Unknown said...

Wow Trish, I had no idea. You are truly inspirational. Loving the nutter butter flip flops, so cute.

Have an amazing vaca. Take it easy mi'lady and above all, enjoy yourself. You deserve it!

-Lisa.
Sweet 2 Eat Baking

Barbara F. said...

Trish, you left out one very important title!!! Since I bestowed that title, of course I noticed!! "Queen of all Cupcakes" - ha!! Have a wonderful well deserved vacay and enjoy the quality time with Sophia and your DH. We want to see lots of photos when you return. xo

Gypsy Heart said...

I don't know if you've been to Turks and Caicos before but you're going to LOVE it! I hope you have a blast ~ you totally deserve it.

The cupcakes & cookies are adorable!

Enjoy your time and be lazy ~

Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

I don't know if you've been to Turks and Caicos before but you're going to LOVE it! I hope you have a blast ~ you totally deserve it.

The cupcakes & cookies are adorable!

Enjoy your time and be lazy ~

Pat

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Good for you Trish! A week of fun in the sun is just what you need, especially with your supportive family by your side.
Have a great time, see you when you get back. Make sure you get on the right flight now!
Hugs,
Judith

My Little Home and Garden said...

Well deserved, I'd say! You are an incredibly strong person: I suspect your daughter will become a remarkable woman as well, Trish.
-Karen

Beth @HungryHappenings said...

Have a fantastic vacation. You definitely deserve it. Your cupcakes and flip flop cookies are adorable and I can surely see how they put you in the mood. Relax and enjoy the sun and sand. We'll be here you when you get back:)

Beth @ Hungry Happenings

Karyn said...

RELAX and ENJOY your vacation! You deserve it. You are such a strong woman and wonderful role model for your daughter. You deserve a whole lot of pampering in the islands!
Have a great time with your family!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

Hope you have a great vacation! You deserve it!:)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I hope your vacation is fabulous. You deserve it!

Sue said...

I am so happy for you that you are on a fabulous vacation with your family! You are such an inspiration, Trish! Really:) Hugs and prayers to you!

Anonymous said...

Truly, I don't know anyone more deserving of a beautiful, relaxing vacation than you and I hope that you enjoy it to the max.
You have had one hell of a tough ride for the past several months and I pray that you come back renewed and that the coming months are as beautiful to you and your family as you are a person.

CakeWhiz said...

Oh trish... I didn't know but i admire your courage and the fact that you have continued with your normal life and baking and blogging :)

Have a safe and fun trip!!!

- abeer @ www.cakewhiz.com

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my dear, Trish, how you deserve this wonderful vacation in paradise with your family. You have been through so much and accomplished so much, too. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! xoxo

MyCakeSchool.com said...

Trisha- Seeing your post late but I know that you all are having the BEST time! Drink something cute and tropical for me! ;0) --xox

http://buy-pva.com said...

Nice post. Thank you
for taking the time to publish this information very useful! I’m still waiting
for some interesting thoughts from your side in your next post thanks!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation and I hope you get a cupcake! I saw that comment about "finding the return flight" ... I'm sure there will be one available ... have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation and I hope you get a cupcake! I saw that comment about "finding the return flight" ... I'm sure there will be one available ... have fun!!!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Hi Trisha,
I've awarded you "The Sunshine Award" at:
http://kittyskozykitchen.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunshine-award.html
If you would like to participate, please do. If not, no worries, as I totally understand.

Fifi Flowers said...

I think I need a trip to the island to taste treats in person!

 
Blogging tips