Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Easy Flag Cupcake for the 4th of July!




Hey long lost friends!!

I am back from the lap of luxury and right into the 
swing of the sweetness of life. 

It was good to go, but good to be back.

Here is an easy flag cupcake topper that you can pull off
for the 4th of July with ease and flair. 

4th of July Flag Cupcake



I used a Nilla Wafer and cut it with a kitchen 
scissors in the shape of a rectangle. 

After smearing it with white frosting, I applied the stripes
with red as you see here and if memory serves me right, I used a size 3 round wilton tip for the stripes and 22 for the blue flower. 

I had white sugar pearls on hand so it seemed like a good idea 
that one go in the center as you 
see here but you can pipe the flag anyway you see fit!  

I used wilton premade tube frosting in the blue
and red colors and my standby oh so yummy buttercream recipe from My Cake School!!

After placing the flag cookie on the cupcake
I finished it with a lollipop stick, cut to size.

VIOLA!

Have fun!

16 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Welcome back! Missed you but glad you were enjoying your time away for a well deserved rest. These flag cupcakes are very cute. xo

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hey Trish, welcome back! Hope you had good weather and a fabulous time.
Cute little cupcake and looks yummy too.
Judith

Lisa said...

Very cute - I like that you used chocolate frosting because it made it pop more. Hope your trip was filled with relaxation and wonderful memories!
XO,
Lisa

My Little Home and Garden said...

It's nice to see you back, Trish. Throw a little maple leaf on top of those cupcakes and, voilà, you can celebrate Canada Day on the first!
-Karen

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Welcome back! I hope your vaca was so much fun. I really, really love these cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so happy you are back and that you had a wonderful break *in the lap of luxury*

These 4th of July cupcake toppers are too cute. Love the floral tipped *star*. ~ Paula

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Trisha,
Nice to have you back! Your cupcakes are so cute and a wonderful treat for your July 4th holiday. Hope you are feeling well these days. You've been missed! Take care and enjoy your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Notes from the Homestead said...

Hi Trisha!! I just love the Fourth of July!! These cupcakes are soo cute and yummy looking to boot! Glad you had a nice vacation!!!

Notes from the Homestead said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

So nice to see you back, sweet Trish! I hope your vacation was the best ever!! I love your flag cupcakes...so cute and patriotic. xo

Unknown said...

Welcome back Trisha, loving the cupcakes.

Did you get my emails?

-Lisa.
Sweet 2 Eat Baking

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Trisha. Sounds like you had a great, rejuvenating time! Love your patriotic cake toppers!
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Love these!

Angela McRae said...

Cute idea! Have a Happy Fourth!

Sue said...

These look so cute with the flagpole! Happy 4th of July, Trish!

Lisa said...

You have been on my heart the last couple of days. Hope you are doing well.
Lisa

 
Blogging tips