Monday, April 30, 2012

Tea Party Tuesday ~ Chilled Blueberry Soup

Happy Tea Party Tuesday Friends


Hi lovely ladies!!

I am a huge fan of chilled soups in the spring and summer 
especially for tea time.  I recently made this delicious chilled
blueberry soup and found it to be so yummy!!



Chilled Blueberry Soup

Makes ~ 3 cups

2 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup half and half
3/4 cup sour cream

In medium saucepan, combine blueberries, wine and sugar. 
Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. 

In food processor or blender, process blueberry mixture until smooth, stopping to scrape sides.

Return mixture to saucepan.

Add half-and-half and sour cream, stirring until combined.

Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. 

You can find a printable recipe HERE.

Enjoying this with a cup of Peach Breeze Black Tea


Sharing with:
TEA, INSPIRATION & TABLESCAPES:
CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday  Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday  Mangia Mondays Mix it up MondaysTUESDAYTrick or Treat Tuesdays Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts  Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYTastetastic Thursday Sweet TemptationsTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAYPinterest Party Fun Stuff Fridays Freestyle Fridays Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative 
 

17 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

I LOVE blueberry soup ! And strawberry as well. They are a summer favorite here and perfect for tea when warm weather hits.
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Oh but that blueberry soup looks delicious. The perfect summer refresher. Love your teacup and saucer in the last picture.

BTW, belated Happy Wedding Anniversary to you. Sorry I missed it on your special day (26th wasn't it?)

Beth said...

Hi Trish, Your blueberry soup looks fabulous! That would be a great tearoom course. I enjoyed your post and I wish you well.
Beth

My Little Home and Garden said...

This is a new notion to me, Trish. I must say, the colour of the soup is just glorious!
-Karen

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my Trisha, that cold soup looks so good! I could go for that along with one of your May Pole cupcake!! YUMMY! I love your pretty teacup, too.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Now that is one I have never even heard of!

I have had strawberry and also watermelon, but never bluberry - can't wait to try it, Trish!

Thanks!

Bernideen said...

This is very unique - I am copying it with the printer to save! Thanks for a lovely blog!

Bernideen said...

This is very unique - I am copying it with the printer to save! Thanks for a lovely blog!

The Tablescaper said...

Oh I love the idea of Blueberry Soup. Many years ago I made Strawberry soup.

Come visit my blog and learn of my $100. giveaway.

- The Tablescaper

Deb said...

Blueberry anything...yum! Your tea-cup and saucer with the little feet is so gorgeous. I love it. Deb

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Such a pretty soup! I bet this is one soup Jordan won't give me the "yucky" face for. :)

Notes from the Homestead said...

Ah, hellooooo! Yum!!!!! I think I could make a swimming pool full of that refreshing soup and jump right in!!!!! Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, blueberry soup sounds marvellous, and healthy too! Love your sweet white teacup. Have a beautiful day, dear friend.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Looking pretty yummy Trish. I once made a cold beet soup that was nice and I'll have to try the blueberry too. There are still lots of blueberries in our freezer from my late summer picking last year.
Have a great week.
Judith

Unknown said...

Oh my does that look good!!! I once had a cantaloupe soup that I still dream about!

Linda said...

Trisha - I'm not typically a blueberry fan but this looks and sounds amazing...I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing. Blessings, L

Denise @English Purple Ribbon said...

Hi Trish! Thank-you for the blueberry soup recipe. I have had chilled coconut soup...it was wonderful! Can't wait to try yours. Denise

 
Blogging tips