Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bug-Eyed Monster Cupcakes



Bug-Eyed Monster Cupcakes

I whipped these cute guys up
last weekend for a cake walk at our
church's Fall Festival.




I was inspired by these cute little
googly-eyed monster cupcakes 
from The Decorated Cookie, that you can see HERE!

Last year I made this Martian/Monster Cake 


and it was such a hit that I had to continue the 
theme this year, only cupcake style. 


And let me just brag a teeny tiny bit....


They were the first to disappear!



Luckily, I saved a few to have
at home, because they were oh so good
and so much fun to eat. 

To make all you have to do is frost your
cupcake any way you prefer - I just used a 1M 
tip a couple of different ways.  Next, take your 
marshmallows and draw on the eyes with your
edible food writer and once a toothpick has been
placed in side just pop into your cupcake!

I used a variety of small and large marshies
to give them all a different personality.



Cute. 

(To find the recipes I use for the cake and frosting visit my recipes page)

 Sharing with:


CRAFT/RECIPE AND SWEETS BLOG PARTIES I OFTEN LINK TOO: The Girl Creative
Craftomaniac Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday  Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday  Mangia Mondays Mix it up MondaysTUESDAYTrick or Treat Tuesdays Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAYMrs Fox's Sweets Party  Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts  Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday  Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks THURSDAYTastetastic Thursday Sweet TemptationsTablescape Thursday Artsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAYPinterest Party Fun Stuff Fridays Freestyle Fridays Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Show and Tell Saturday Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative 

12 comments:

High Heeled Life said...

This is seriously amazing!!! and perfect for little hands to help in the kitchen!!! Wishing you a wonderful week-end! Hugs, C. (HHL)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Super cute!! :)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

These are the cutest critters Trish! I'll have to find some edible markers and have some fun with them too.
Judith

Lisa said...

Very cute!
XO,
Lisa

MsFoxsSweets said...

So cute! I love the colors too!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! These are so totally cute!!!

Gina Kleinworth said...

These make me smile!!!!!!!! Love them!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute! Love it.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

These are so cute, Trisha! Remind me of the Cookie Monster. Thank you for stopping by as it's always a delight to hear from you!

Blessings,
Sandi

CookieD-oh said...

So cute! What a fun project!

Angela McRae said...

Fun + easy = a great combination!

Betsy Eves @JavaCupcake said...

I hosted a workshop today where I taught my participants how to make your bug-eyed monster cupcakes! They turned out super awesome! THANKS for the inspiration!

http://javacupcake.com/2012/10/spooktacular-treats-workshop/

Betsy

 
Blogging tips